Sign in with
Your question

Corrupt Windows 8, unable to reninstall

Last response: in Storage
February 8, 2013 5:59:40 PM

So the story goes like this:
I just finished a computer yesterday. Everything worked brilliant and installed some programs and games. Then suddenly in the middle of a game computer crashes. naturally i restart my computer and it tells me that it needs to reboot. So i reboot my computer and everything is seemingly fine, but almost no programs could start. So I reboot my computer a couple of times. But it was still broken. I then go windows' i don't what it's called in english but something like 'Solving center' and it says that there's an error. So i click the button to fix it. Ever since i have never been able to get into windows. I have tried many different solving solutions from a windows cd and the system reserved thing. I then decided that i would reformat my harddrive, but I keep getting error messages showing different errors.

Can anybody help me?
February 8, 2013 6:01:42 PM

crahs8 said:
So the story goes like this:
I just finished a computer yesterday. Everything worked brilliant and installed some programs and games. Then suddenly in the middle of a game computer crashes. naturally i restart my computer and it tells me that it needs to reboot. So i reboot my computer and everything is seemingly fine, but almost no programs could start. So I reboot my computer a couple of times. But it was still broken. I then go windows' i don't what it's called in english but something like 'Solving center' and it says that there's an error. So i click the button to fix it. Ever since i have never been able to get into windows. I have tried many different solving solutions from a windows cd and the system reserved thing. I then decided that i would reformat my harddrive, but I keep getting error messages showing different errors.

Can anybody help me?

I should probably say that I have a ssd and a hdd in my system and it's the ssd that's the problem
a b * Windows 8
a c 885 G Storage
February 8, 2013 9:58:30 PM

looks like you need to download the manufacturers testing utility and maybe a firmware update.
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
a b G Storage
February 8, 2013 10:14:31 PM

Memtest?
February 9, 2013 5:24:28 AM

I am going to do a memtest soon, bare in mind that windows is already long gone.
February 9, 2013 7:26:40 AM

This is what memtest looks like so far. Without knowing, I think this is bad.
February 9, 2013 7:30:23 AM

Wow, forget that last reply, i screwed the url up
a b * Windows 8
a b G Storage
February 9, 2013 1:42:49 PM

Yea looks like bad memory... what are your BIOS's memory settings most inportant is the voltage and the required voltage of your memory.
February 10, 2013 10:06:20 AM

Hi, I found out that the problem was bad memory. I sent in the bad stick. Thanks for the help!
!