New motherboards, this one or that one ?

Hi
I need to choose a motherboards.

MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3)

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

(Yeah, I'm canadian , so canadian prices.)

It'S going to be a gaming build.
I'm going to go with a Intel Core i5-2500K.
8 gig of RAM
I'm keeping my old 9800GT factory overclocked.

Don't tell me t go with the cheaper one so I can have enough money to buy a graphic card. I know mine's weak, I'll upgrade later.

I don't think I'll overclock, and if I do, it won't much.

I want my motherboard to be SLI and Xfire ready.
I want USB 3.0, Sata6GB/s and PCI-E 3.0.
I care a lot about stability and durability which is why I'm temped by the MSI. I like the 5 year warranty and the supposed "military grade". I trust MSI in general.

The Asrock has everything I need, but it's the low grade branch of Asus. The name they use for the stuff that's cheap and that could hurt their reputation..... that doesn't make me trust them.

But are MSI's claim just a lot of smoke?
3 answers Last reply
More about motherboards
  1. I would lean towards the Asrock, although I would like to see Asrock get that warranty up to 3 years.

I've yet to understand any company using "military grade" as an attempt to sell a product. In the U.S., the actual meaning of "military grade" applied to hardware really should equate to "has a tendency to fall apart, or cost way too much, or both." :)
  2. No. It just means "expensive and over-specced". Either that, or it is just marketing hype.
  3. After further research I thinkthe "military grade" is meaningless.
    It has nothing to do with the army and there standards. It's not crap, it's just a fancy way of saying that they used better capacitors and stuff.

I think I'll go with the MSI.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards