Sign in with
Your question

HDD and SSD troubles!

Last response: in Storage
February 8, 2013 9:08:05 PM

Hi all,
I need some help if anyone can. I just built my computer and ive had it for about a month and i have a 120gb kingston hyper ssd and a 1 tb Seagate barracuda installed. I have successfully put windows on my computer and it works great. But I am having a problem...http://puu.sh/1ZuFu...I only have 11 gigs of memory on my ssd left and my hdd has a lot of space left.

Here is what I want to accomplish:
-Move folders such as Program files, Program files(x86), and users to my hdd.
-Set my hdd as my primary hard drive
-make it so my ssd just boots my computer, I don't want to have to worry about the space that is left on the ssd.

Other then that everything seems to be working fine. I have other big games such as steam games and the works on the hdd, and all my downloads are on the hdd too, I am pretty snowed in this weekend so i would like to sit down and get this done. if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

More about : hdd ssd troubles

a c 81 G Storage
February 8, 2013 10:09:06 PM

You can move the users folder by right clicking on it in explorer and changing the path on the path tab. You can not move the program files. To move programs, you need to uninstall and reinstall them on the hdd.
February 8, 2013 10:47:27 PM

noidea_77 said:
You can move the users folder by right clicking on it in explorer and changing the path on the path tab. You can not move the program files. To move programs, you need to uninstall and reinstall them on the hdd.

When I open this "explorer" how do I get there?
The only thing i can think of is opening up my copmuter---->Local Disc(c):----> right click on users.... and then what?
!