Gaming Desktop Computer Setup

Warlet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Hi! :hello:

If i buy a desktop computer with these componentes in it:

Processor:AMD ATHLON ll X2 Dual Core(2.70GHz)
RAM:3GB DDR3
Hard Drive:320GB SATA
Graphics:NVIDIA GEFORCE 9200M
CD/DVD DRIVE:MULTI-FORMAT DUAL LAYER
System:Windows 7 Home Premium(64-BIT)

Will this run the game World of Warcraft? :bounce:
Or should i change something in it when i buy it to get a better fps and performance? :ange:
Or can you write an example of how would be good to set up a desktop computer for gaming(example:World of Warcraft) like i wrote this extract.
Like this:
Processor:......
RAM:....
Hard Drive:.....
Graphics:....
System:....

Thanks all :hello:

That would struggle to manage Cataclysm tbh (New WoW expansion)

might be worth reading this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-directx-11-performance,review-32061-22.html

I have two systems in my house running Cata on

AsRock m3a770DE Mobo
AMD X3 435 processor (upgrade yours to 445 or 450 imo and make sure you buy retail pack, includes heatsink and fan)
4Gb ram Win7 will use it all whereas Xp didn't
(Mine is 1600MHz, Gf's only runs 1333MHz, google your chips number to get support spec sheet before you buy your ram)
Sapphire 5770 1 Gb graphics card
we both have cheap 600w psu's,hard drives and cases,
if you go for a 'normal' hard drive, make sure its 7200rpm speed
We get good frame rates on them, there are differences between our systems but hers maxes shadows and she still gets good frames per sescond on a non overclocked set up
Hope this helps, Moto

popatim

Titan
I had to add a GPU to my grandsons compaq with simular specs to yours. I just installed Wow this morning and havent testing it yet, its updating, but BC2 runs pretty good so far. It was fun getting back into a shooter. LoL. I haven't played one since doom3

TRENDING THREADS