Wireing led help fast please

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 362816

My silverstone raven has 2 leds hooked up to one molex. Heres the thing its a single positive and negitive comeing out of the molex and spliting it into 2 leds, what volt leds do i need isnt a molex off the power supply 12 volt, and dont say 12 volt leds they dont work.

There is somthing im missing here member 2 leds spliting off one molex

Solution
This page will give you the formula needed to calculate the resistor value required.

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/led.htm#calculate

Hope it helps.

The info you need(LED Voltage and LED Current) should be on the LED pack you get from RadioShack.

They have a resistor value pack with many ones you can use, more resistance then needed will dim the led resulting in less light, but too little can let the led burn out.

While you are there, pic up some shrink tubing so once you solder a resistor inline, you can place shrink tube over it and protect it. Even a hair dryer will shrink the tube.

There are sites online that sell LED's that are made to run on 5 volts(the resistor is built in)
D

Deleted member 362816

well that idea went to crap i need to get 2 red 5mm leds wired to a molex and have it be safe how do i do this.

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Take deep breath and try typing and proofreading.

1)what are you trying to do? you say your case has hookers and members? somethingamjaings?

2) I thought this item came with your case? if its not working send it back?

D

Deleted member 362816

Ok silverstone raven comes with 2 blue leds well i want to go to red.
Currently i have a molex cable that hooks into the 5 volt and the ground on the psu's molex. the wire is split into 2 no resistor. to hook it up to the 5v and ground on molex what watt/volt/resistor or none leds do i need.

Green in +5 volt white is ground

dsdsds.jpg

D

Deleted member 362816

the old leds have no specs silverstone wouldnt tell me ne way. there is no resister in the wire now. the power comes off 5 volt and ground. I need red 5mm leds so what do i need to get btw im at radioshack right now lol. but they dont know

D

Deleted member 362816

I dont even know what leds i need all i know is they need to be red and 5mm in size. What i need to know is that Volt leds to get and do i need a resistor as i have said before as in the picture about green is 5 volt white is ground.

This page will give you the formula needed to calculate the resistor value required.

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/led.htm#calculate

Hope it helps.

The info you need(LED Voltage and LED Current) should be on the LED pack you get from RadioShack.

They have a resistor value pack with many ones you can use, more resistance then needed will dim the led resulting in less light, but too little can let the led burn out.

While you are there, pic up some shrink tubing so once you solder a resistor inline, you can place shrink tube over it and protect it. Even a hair dryer will shrink the tube.

There are sites online that sell LED's that are made to run on 5 volts(the resistor is built in)

Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

Thanks for the help my dad is goung to take it to work and let the electritans that have been there for 30 years figure it out lol!

slipdisc

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005

It takes a 30 year electricians knowledge to figure out how to wire up two LEDs? No disrespect intended but thats just pathetic.

D

Deleted member 362816

I have no knowledge with this kind of wiring or what resistors to use. I would rather have my dads friends do it and have it be right then trial and error on my part.

Whats pathetic is silver-stone not telling me what the stock led volts were if they did i wouldn't even have posted this.

Silverstone may well have the LED's outsourced from another maker and thereby do now have the info for you.

They just order LEDs that will work on 5 volts and let another company deal with the resistor or use led's with build in resistors.

On the plus side, with experimentation, the wost you do is blow an led(no resistor, but true me with enough voltage, a green led will turn orange. learned this as a kid) or have it too dim if you use too much resistance.

Remember, LED's only light one way so if you get no light, you may have it backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.