Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

How could I recover my files from my internal HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500G

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Western Digital
  • Partition
  • Seagate
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
February 8, 2013 11:50:48 PM

My HDD started get the "must back up message" so I bought a new WD HDD and turned my deteriorated seagate HDD into a external HDD I was able to use it once to get a few files since I thought that it might be ok or some how fixed since its not internally integrated to my pc. But when I tried to use it again it shows two partitions the reserved partition when it was my main internal HDD and the "main" partition, now the problem is when ever I try to open the main partition of the external it always makes folder unresponsive and eventually says not responding and I have to remove the usb cable of turn off the power on my external to make respond again.

CPU specs:

Asus P7H55-V
windows 7 64bit
WD caviar Black 1TB
12G RAM
700w Hec Cougar
Geforce GTX 660 Ti

More about : recover files internal hdd seagate barracuda 7200 500g

February 9, 2013 12:15:01 AM

dont I have to pay for that? I know there's a free DL but isn't it just a free trial? my net is not fast at all so i don't want to dl things unless its necessary or useful.
m
l
Related resources
a c 156 G Storage
February 9, 2013 12:33:32 AM

it a free seagate tools for seagate hdd.
m
l
a b G Storage
February 9, 2013 1:02:18 AM

It's free, and useful, and probably necessary.
m
l
a c 218 G Storage
February 9, 2013 1:06:00 AM

Seatools is a FREE diagnostic tool. If you use the DOS one, you may have to set your MB to IDE mode to get the drive to show. Just switch it back to whatever it was after the test.
m
l