Can this power supply run my video card without performance degradatio

G

I have a 600 watt OCZ power supply that puts out +12V@18A. My video card (evga 8800 gts) says it requires +12V@26A minimum. I did hook it up and it seems to run fine but im worried im not getting max performance from my video card. Can anyone help? I am willing to buy another power supply if need be. Thanks

Holy crap, thats what you call a good one? I think we need to have a chat about PSU quality sometime. That Hec has all the signs of a bad PSU, doesnt tell you what temp it was rated at, doesnt have a combined power for its 12V rails, so 19+20 may equal 39 or it may equal 24 we just dont know, its got passive PFC which hasnt been part of modern PSUs for several years now, and its not 80+ certified, its likely not capable of doing anywhere near 585W except on very good day.

Your 600W OCZ probably has 4 rails rated at 18A a piece, depending on which OCZ you will have differing amounts of combined power between them but you will definitely have more than enough for an 8800GTS. The ratings are for the entire system so its talking about the combined power on the 12V rails not for a single rail.