Slight vibration from hard drive

AnthoT

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Hey everyone, first post as I have a question.

I built a PC two weeks ago and from the start the case very lightly vibrates, it's been working great but I'm just a little worried if its bad for the hard drive as I heard they are sensitive. Seatools shows it's good and passes smart, windows says it's healthy too.

I'm probably being a little over paranoid but it's the first time I built a computer and I want some opinions from more knowledgable people :)

Thanks

Solution
all hard drive have small vibration do to the disk spinning inside of them. most drives will last years intll the spindle or heads will have an issue. most time it the drive lube that drys out and the drive bearing starts to hum. the biggest killer of hard drive is dropping the drive..shocked drive or drive crash. as long as it mounted well you wont have an issues as long as it was not used as a football in shipping.

most case come with rubber o-rings to stop the case from humming. you just put them on between the hard drive screws and the case.

AnthoT

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Mine didn't :p it's not humming it's just if you touch it, it slightly vibrates constantly, probably fans and hard drive combined I'm thinking but I'm wondering how bad it is as I'm hoping this hard drive will last at least 3 years.

all hard drive have small vibration do to the disk spinning inside of them. most drives will last years intll the spindle or heads will have an issue. most time it the drive lube that drys out and the drive bearing starts to hum. the biggest killer of hard drive is dropping the drive..shocked drive or drive crash. as long as it mounted well you wont have an issues as long as it was not used as a football in shipping.

Solution

AnthoT

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Alright thanks, I got it at a local store and it has a 5 year warranty in case something goes wrong :)