My computer just crashed and now it won't boot up.

k3u

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Basically what happened was for the past few days my computer has been randomly freezing and unfreezing. So today it froze and I got fed up and restarted the computer manually. After doing so, my computer booted up and then showed me a black screen stating "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_". Now my question is that, is it my SSD or my HDD? My SSD is where my OS is stored and my HDD is where my storage is at. Another thing to consider is that, I named my HDD "New Volume", and for the past few days it will pop up randomly when I use the computer "New Volume has been connected, what would you like to do". Basically the auto-play pops up, which is weird because it's supposed to be an HDD not like an external flash drive or DVD. I also tried repluggin the SATA ports and they were no go. Now I'm stuck with a useless computer. I just wish even if it's a defect (I've had the Patriot 64GB SSD about 6 months and the Toshiba 1TB HDD about a month ago), I hope there's a way to export some files/information from them.

Anyways, all replies and comments are definitely much appreciated. Thanks.

popatim

Titan
The boot device is your ssd so it must be having a problem or your motherbd is.
With the power off - open up the pc and swap the connectors on the hdd to the ssd and try booting up again. If it boots then its in the cables. I'm sure you cn figure out how to tell which one.