New UT2004 patch..

"smeggedd" <smeggedd@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:4112bded$0$2918$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com:

> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/05/news_6104204.html?part=rss&tag=
> gs_pc&subj=6104204

http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/ut2004/moreinfo_6104194.html

is a link including a description of all the fixes of this patch.

smeggedd wrote:

> Is it real.. not on ut official site??
> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/05/news_6104204.html?part=rss&tag=gs_pc&subj=6104204

It's on BeyondUnreal, that's pretty close to being officially announced.

http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/official/ut2004/ut2004-winpatch3270.exe

Running now with no problems, and that 'bot teleport looping' on nodes
is gone, woo. A bit of advice, too. If you're going to manually install
the patch (like, if you've changed the splash screen and don't want it
overwritten), make sure you don't overwrite your User.ini file with the
one in the patch.

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:34:58 +0200, Klaus Bregel <space-orbit@gmx.de> sayeth:

>uhm, why not at the official website?

They never post the patches immediately on the site. The wait for
all the mirrors to get them, and then they link to all the mirrors
after several days.

--
Chris B.
furrier@iglou.com

SomeOldDude wrote:

> In what way, pray tell, have you changed your splash screen?

I replaced the image at /UT2004/Help/UT2004Logo.bmp with a smaller one
cropped to just the Unreal Tournament logo at the top.

SomeOldDude wrote:

> "Dekaritae" <maur@mdi.ca> wrote in message
>
>>I replaced the image at /UT2004/Help/UT2004Logo.bmp with a smaller one
>>cropped to just the Unreal Tournament logo at the top.
>
> Not a big fan of corporate logos, I assume?

Well, I suppose it's just vanity. Also explains why I have about 30