Sign in with
Your question

Using car DVD player to play MP3's from cell phone

Last response: in Cars
June 12, 2012 8:18:10 PM

Hello,
I have an Android phone with a regular size head phone hole. I don't have an AUX connection in my Pathfinder but I do have a DVD player. Is there a way that I can connect the phone to the DVD player to play my MP3's?
June 18, 2012 12:39:40 PM

are you absolutely sure you do not have an aux connection? sometimes they hide it in the console storage bin. that is where mine is located. it might also be inside the glovebox. even my 97 civic had an auxilliary input.

does your car support bluetooth audio? quite a few newer cars do. this is probably the most convenient way to stream the music to your vehicle. as wip99gt stated, bluetooth transmitters are available.

does your dvd player take an aux input line? if so you might be able to use it, however, it might also keep the screen on as well which is not what you want.

i bought an fm tuner in the past since this was the easiest option. i returned it a few days later. yes, technically they do work however they introduce quite a bit of annoying static into the music stream which just is not there when you connect via aux or bluetooth. technically this works but i would use it as a last resort personally and persue the first two solutions.
Related resources
April 6, 2013 5:40:37 AM

@hualingan

way to necro an old thread and post something not related to the original question

this post should be closed.
June 28, 2013 2:27:05 AM

does your DVD player take an aux input line? if so you might be able to use it, however, it might also keep the screen on as well which is not what you want. if this is not help for you, you can kindly go http://www.jewellet.com for more details
!