Still frustrating in Durlag's Tower

I am still trying to get to real action in Durlag's tower, but for some
reason unkonown to me I cannot go down from ground floor. When I move my
mouse to the right position approximately in the middle of the round room,
there appears picture of stairs I go to the leftmost place (the descending
part of stairs) and click and go to the second floor. I go to the rightmost
place and click again and go to the second floor. I move my mouse to the
southest part where the stairs still are seen and -apeear at the second
floor. In screen the stairs appear ascending to the right.

Can somebody tell me, what is the correct technique to get down?

Thanks in advance...

One frustrated Finn
9 answers Last reply
More about still frustrating durlag tower
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Kari Kuosmanen" <kari.kuosmanen@mail.suomi.net> wrote in message
    > I am still trying to get to real action in Durlag's tower, but for
    some
    > reason unkonown to me I cannot go down from ground floor. When I
    move my
    > mouse to the right position approximately in the middle of the round
    room,
    > there appears picture of stairs I go to the leftmost place (the
    descending
    > part of stairs) and click and go to the second floor. I go to the
    rightmost
    > place and click again and go to the second floor. I move my mouse to
    the
    > southest part where the stairs still are seen and -apeear at the
    second
    > floor. In screen the stairs appear ascending to the right.
    >
    > Can somebody tell me, what is the correct technique to get down?

    Just keep on hovering your mouse over the CENTRAL stairs. Eventually
    you'll find the bit that leads down rather than up. Yes, there are TWO
    triggers - very close together on-screen - where the mouse pointer
    turns into the "stairs" icon - one leads up, the other leads down, and
    it is easy to mistake one for the other or think that there is only
    one "stairs" icon there as the two triggers are so close together. Aim
    a little bit more to the left and downwards on the screen than you
    think you need to.

    Jonathan.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Thank you Jonathan. I tried at least ten times trying to go to the most
    southwest part where the stais were still showing. Every time I found myself
    in a room with the table. It looks the same place as the round room in
    second floor. Can somebody confirm that in the Level one there is no table
    left to stairs. Can somebody give me exact coordinates to the stairs down.
    In hope to get answers I am still waiting an not breaking my computer.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    > Thank you Jonathan. I tried at least ten times trying to go to the
    most
    > southwest part where the stais were still showing. Every time I
    found myself
    > in a room with the table. It looks the same place as the round room
    in
    > second floor. Can somebody confirm that in the Level one there is no
    table
    > left to stairs. Can somebody give me exact coordinates to the stairs
    down.
    > In hope to get answers I am still waiting an not breaking my
    computer.

    When you ENTER the tower from the OUTSIDE (this area is AR0502), there
    are stairs up and stairs down - not one single set of spiral stairs,
    but two sets of adjacent, one on the right going up and one on the
    lefet going down. The trigger to the stairs down is on the left of the
    downward stairs, the trigger to the stairs up is on the right of the
    upward stairs. There is no table in the large central chamber.

    If you get the stairs up (this area is AR0503), there is a table with
    a tablecloth and two tables without cloths in the central chamber.
    There is a single central staircase which leads both up and down, it
    can sometimes be difficult to find out which is up and which is down:
    but up is to the right, down is to the left.

    If you go up from AR0503, then you will be in Area "AR0504" - in which
    the central chamber is semi-circular with a library of three large
    bookshelves off to the left. Once again there is a single central
    staircase with both up and down, and once again up is to the right and
    down is to the left.

    The top floor is AR0505 - the central staircase ONLY leads down here.

    From the "Entrance" floor which is "AR0502", the DOWN staircase
    trigger is to the left side of the down-staircase graphic WHICH IS A
    SEPARATE GRAPHIC FROM THE UP STAIRCASE GRAPHIC - almost next to one of
    the carpets near the western doorway (the one that leads to the room
    containing the OTHER staircase up.

    These stairs down lead you to AR0501, which is the tower's basement.
    The basement contains a lot of logs, a lot of barrels, a small wooden
    table along the northwest wall, and a secret door just to the right of
    that - this secret door can only be opened if you have the proper
    wardstone, which is the one Ike gave you (or you looted from his
    corpse). Going through this secret door will take you into the
    Dungeon, of which there are several levels.

    Jonathan.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Thanks a lot again Jonathan for your patience!!

    Maybe my English needs a considerable brush up. I got the impression that
    the two stairs are very VERY close each other, and I searched stairs down
    millimeter after millimeter. Now after your new advice I started make
    distance from these stairs, and found it at last!!

    I'll try not to disturb this news group while I roam in cellars.

    "Jonathan Ellis" <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> kirjoitti viestissä

    > "Kari Kuosmanen" <kari.kuosmanen@mail.suomi.net> wrote in message
    > > Thank you Jonathan. I tried at least ten times trying to go to the
    > most
    > > southwest part where the stais were still showing. Every time I
    > found myself
    > > in a room with the table. It looks the same place as the round room
    > in
    > > second floor. Can somebody confirm that in the Level one there is no
    > table
    > > left to stairs. Can somebody give me exact coordinates to the stairs
    > down.
    > > In hope to get answers I am still waiting an not breaking my
    > computer.
    >
    > When you ENTER the tower from the OUTSIDE (this area is AR0502), there
    > are stairs up and stairs down - not one single set of spiral stairs,
    > but two sets of adjacent, one on the right going up and one on the
    > lefet going down. The trigger to the stairs down is on the left of the
    > downward stairs, the trigger to the stairs up is on the right of the
    > upward stairs. There is no table in the large central chamber.
    >
    > If you get the stairs up (this area is AR0503), there is a table with
    > a tablecloth and two tables without cloths in the central chamber.
    > There is a single central staircase which leads both up and down, it
    > can sometimes be difficult to find out which is up and which is down:
    > but up is to the right, down is to the left.
    >
    > If you go up from AR0503, then you will be in Area "AR0504" - in which
    > the central chamber is semi-circular with a library of three large
    > bookshelves off to the left. Once again there is a single central
    > staircase with both up and down, and once again up is to the right and
    > down is to the left.
    >
    > The top floor is AR0505 - the central staircase ONLY leads down here.
    >
    > From the "Entrance" floor which is "AR0502", the DOWN staircase
    > trigger is to the left side of the down-staircase graphic WHICH IS A
    > SEPARATE GRAPHIC FROM THE UP STAIRCASE GRAPHIC - almost next to one of
    > the carpets near the western doorway (the one that leads to the room
    > containing the OTHER staircase up.
    >
    > These stairs down lead you to AR0501, which is the tower's basement.
    > The basement contains a lot of logs, a lot of barrels, a small wooden
    > table along the northwest wall, and a secret door just to the right of
    > that - this secret door can only be opened if you have the proper
    > wardstone, which is the one Ike gave you (or you looted from his
    > corpse). Going through this secret door will take you into the
    > Dungeon, of which there are several levels.
    >
    > Jonathan.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Kari Kuosmanen wrote:

    > I am still trying to get to real action in Durlag's tower, but for some
    > reason unkonown to me I cannot go down from ground floor. When I move my
    > mouse to the right position approximately in the middle of the round room,
    > there appears picture of stairs I go to the leftmost place (the descending
    > part of stairs) and click and go to the second floor. I go to the rightmost
    > place and click again and go to the second floor. I move my mouse to the
    > southest part where the stairs still are seen and -apeear at the second
    > floor. In screen the stairs appear ascending to the right.
    >
    > Can somebody tell me, what is the correct technique to get down?
    >
    > Thanks in advance...
    >
    > One frustrated Finn

    Hi Finn,

    Would you use cheat keys that show stairs and doors?

    Replies to: Njk04s_130_p(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    I don't know do I have need to that.

    <me@tadyatam.invalid> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Kari Kuosmanen wrote:
    > >
    > > I am still trying to get to real action in Durlag's tower, but for some
    > > reason unkonown to me I cannot go down from ground floor. When I move my
    > > mouse to the right position approximately in the middle of the round
    room,
    > > there appears picture of stairs I go to the leftmost place (the
    descending
    > > part of stairs) and click and go to the second floor. I go to the
    rightmost
    > > place and click again and go to the second floor. I move my mouse to the
    > > southest part where the stairs still are seen and -apeear at the second
    > > floor. In screen the stairs appear ascending to the right.
    > >
    > > Can somebody tell me, what is the correct technique to get down?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance...
    > >
    > > One frustrated Finn
    >
    > Hi Finn,
    >
    > Would you use cheat keys that show stairs and doors?

    > Replies to: Njk04s_130_p(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Kari Kuosmanen wrote:

    > I don't know do I have need to that.
    >
    > <me@tadyatam.invalid> kirjoitti viestissä
    > > Kari Kuosmanen wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I am still trying to get to real action in Durlag's tower, but for some
    > > > reason unkonown to me I cannot go down from ground floor. When I move my
    > > > mouse to the right position approximately in the middle of the round
    > room,
    > > > there appears picture of stairs I go to the leftmost place (the
    > descending
    > > > part of stairs) and click and go to the second floor. I go to the
    > rightmost
    > > > place and click again and go to the second floor. I move my mouse to the
    > > > southest part where the stairs still are seen and -apeear at the second
    > > > floor. In screen the stairs appear ascending to the right.
    > > >
    > > > Can somebody tell me, what is the correct technique to get down?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance...
    > > >
    > > > One frustrated Finn
    > >
    > > Hi Finn,
    > >
    > > Would you use cheat keys that show stairs and doors?

    > > --
    > > Replies to: Njk04s_130_p(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

    Exit BG. Open the initialization file BALDUR.INI in Notepad (or
    some other text editor), add the following line
    Cheats=1
    under the [Game Options].

    Start BG, type (into the messages window):
    CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()
    and press enter.

    Then press Ctrl+4. Stairs, etc., will be outlined. This is a
    toggle - when you press Ctrl+4 again, the outline disappears.

    Replies to: Njk04s_130_p(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Thank You!
    > Kari Kuosmanen wrote:
    > >
    > > I don't know do I have need to that.
    > >
    > > <me@tadyatam.invalid> kirjoitti viestissä

    > > room,
    > > descending
    > > rightmost

    > > > Hi Finn,
    > > >
    > > > Would you use cheat keys that show stairs and doors?

    > > > --
    > > > Replies to: Njk04s_130_p(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom
    >
    > Exit BG. Open the initialization file BALDUR.INI in Notepad (or
    > some other text editor), add the following line
    > Cheats=1
    > under the [Game Options].
    >
    > Start BG, type (into the messages window):
    > CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()
    > and press enter.
    >
    > Then press Ctrl+4. Stairs, etc., will be outlined. This is a
    > toggle - when you press Ctrl+4 again, the outline disappears.

    > Replies to: Njk04s_130_p(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Kari Kuosmanen schrieb:
    > Thanks a lot again Jonathan for your patience!!
    >
    > Maybe my English needs a considerable brush up. I got the impression that
    > the two stairs are very VERY close each other, and I searched stairs down
    > millimeter after millimeter. Now after your new advice I started make
    > distance from these stairs, and found it at last!!
    >
    > I'll try not to disturb this news group while I roam in cellars.

    Well, that is exactly the place where you may seriously need help ;-)
    Martin

Mice Games Video Games