GTX 460 - artifacts in Bad Company 2

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I came across a little articact in Bad Company 2, it only ever happens in this game, on loading the airborne level, and it only happens in the loading screen, so its nothing serious, but I have tried several drivers, but its always the same. Just wondering, is anyone else having the same issue? Playing on a GTX 460 768MB and an PII x3 720 (nothing overclocked, and nothing overheating) Heres the artifact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLZGGLfK36g

lucuis

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
Nothing to worry about, BFBC2 has some glitches like that. Some are different depending whether or not it's Nvidia or ATI it's dealing with.

Been a while since i played the single player campaign so i cannot remember if i had a similar artifact that level. I do get the odd funky chicken loading up in the multiplayer though. Sometimes a quick full screen blackout for a fraction of a second, but i think it's just clipping an in-game artifact or something. Sometimes when it happens it stays until i move my mouse, and if i move it back in goes black for a sec again.

Like i said, nothing to worry about. Especially if temps are nominal and such.

alhanelem

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
is it really something to worry over?
unless you get artifacts ingame dont bother worrying or trying to fix it, spend your time playing bfbc 2

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

Im not worried or anything, just interested to see if anyone else gets it

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

Ah thanks, thought it was only something like that

Uhh. I guess I don't consider it artifacting, or I missed it entirely. Are you talking about the blinking that occurred? As others have said, it isn't a problem unless you're having graphical problems during game play.

Flashes or things during the loading screen are meaningless so far as I'm concerned. :)

3n4n0

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
If you don't want any more artifacts you can try something extreme xD http://www.addictivetips.com/computer-tips/fix-your-graphics-card-by-baking-in-oven/

I don't think that is particularly relevant in this case.

3n4n0

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
I was just joking..... I will try that on my gts 8800 today, so I couldn't help myself not to write it xD

Considering most artifact problems are Driver or Game Code errors, baking your video card is not the smartest idea... Unless you're absolutely certain the card itself has a problem, and you can't RMA it under warranty, baking it shouldn't be on your mind.