Antec tricool fan

lfforte

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
I have an Antec Solo case with the tricool fan. The fan has a fan speed switch and a four pin (I assume) power connector. Can I connet the fan to the Asus p7p44D-E Pro Cha_ fan connector near the cpu fan connector? This way the fan speed is controlled byt the motherboard.
I have a four pin connector (that came with Seasonic S12II PSU) that is split into two four pin connectors that fit the fan connection on the MOB.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
No. the whole point of the tri-cool fans is that you use the switch on them to change the fan speed, the 4 pin molex you just plug in.

I have two of these in my mini p180, and I like that you can change the speed, but I'd much rather just have the motherboard regulate it, and be able to read out RPMs.

lfforte

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010

OK I won't. Thanks for the warning. Then then I have to use the fan speed switch (H/M/L)
I thought it would be preferable to control fan speed via motherboard

SHANEMARINES

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

Well with the Tri-Cool fans if you don't mind the sound just place the fan speeds on high, but medium will work as well, just don't consider low an option because you might forget and be gaming with intense heat comming from the hardware.

Thanks for your question though.