1000USD gaming build advice

xvetox123

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
Hi :hello:

Approximate Purchase Date: Hopefully in 4 days

Budget Range: 1000 USD or INR 40000 before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming,HD movies

Parts Not Required: Keyboard,mouse and monitor...Ill need everything else including the OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Not really sure as long as it ships to india

Country of Origin:India

Parts Preferences:Want an i5 cpu and not really leaning towards any brands in the gpu section

Overclocking: not really sure about this so no.

SLI or Crossfire: Would like a crossfire/sli capable rig

Monitor Resolution: 1440x900

Additional Comments:Well a window and lots of light would be good not necessarily silent but wouldnt like it to make a lot of noise either.and also want to play newer games with max settings.

Thanks in advance :)

With a screen resolution of 1440x900, you don't need a great deal of graphics power. And certainly don't need crossfire or sli . . . even if you plan to move up past 1680 resolution to 1920.

For gaming at 1920 resolution, an i5 750 coupled with a HD6850 or a GTX460 depending on pricing from vendors you can access. Motherboard from Asus or Gigabyte.

Power Supply: The psu is more important than most people realize. Do not buy a cheap bargain unit. Please stick with brands like Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, PC Power & Cooling if you can. A 450-550W psu is plenty for one video card, a 650-750W should be used if you want to allow for crossfire/sli.

Memory: You need not buy memory faster than 1333, CL9. If you can get memory with latency 8 or 7 (instead of 9) for very little more money, that's fine. But you will not notice any difference in gaming due to faster memory.

HD: Here the Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB or 1TB is the drive of choice.

If you give me a site I can access and that you can buy from, I'd be happy to pull together specifics.