What hard drives and power supply do i need?

Hashtag tyler

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
I am building my first gaming pc and have hit a wall in my hardware selection process. My current parts are:
Cpu: i5 3570k
Mobo: sabertooth z77
Graphics card: geforce gtx 670
Ram: corsair vengeance 2x4
Case: unknown
Hard drive: unknown
Power supply: unknown

Please help i am very new to all of this.

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

Hard drive: One 80 to 120 GB SSD for the OS drive; and one 1 TB HDD for data (files, music, videos)

Power supply: 600 to 750 watts - Corsair, Seasonic, Ante, XFX (see what is on sale or promo).

Case: Cooler Master mid tower (check sales). There are other brands and models equally good.

I hesitate telling you to get a 600 watts PSU because sometimes depending on sale pricing and promos, the 750 watts PSU from the same manufacturer will be less expensive.

The same goes for SSDs and hard disks.

The case on my new build (2 weeks new) is Cooler Master Full Tower - HAF X - it's a monster as far as size is concerned. The styling is not all that great but I like it.

Shop around for cases. Look at some at the store if you can.

Don't worry; there is always a sale or promo (or rebate) going on. Sales and promos are fine, but the one drawback of rebates is the 'fine print'. In the fine print it states "Until funds last" - so if you take advantage of a rebate, file your claim right away; preferable on the same day that you buy the merchandise.