MrMemory.co.uk - Are they any good?

JonnyH

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Has anyone ever bought RAM from MrMemory.co.uk? I'm thinking about buying some to upgrade my Alienware M17x-R3 Notebook.

I have 8GB at the moment which came with the notebook so it's obviously Dell RAM. I priced up 2x4GB of RAM for my laptop at MrMemory and it costs just £40 inc. VAT. The same amount of RAM at Dell costs £280.

I know that Dell is far from the cheapest when it comes to buying upgrades, but are they really this expensive? OR are MrMemory really that cheap?

It seems a bit too good to be true.

The brands that MrMemory supply are:

Kingston
Samsung
Nanya
Hynix
Elpida
Elixir

I've only heard of Kingston and Samsung off this list. Has anyone had any experience with any of the other brands?

I guess the overall question is, is it worth paying 7 times as much money for the Dell RAM? I think not, but I wondered if anyone has a different opinion. However £40 vs £280 seems a bit too good to be true though.

Dell memory is almost always Crucial, which is actually really good RAM.

I have only heard of the same manufacturer's as you, I don't know anything about the others.

I don't know about the site, but if you can get what you need for cheap, there is nothing wrong with that :)

Zombiefighter57

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
i think mr memory is the best place to buy ram and hard drives from, i bought ram from them before and it arrived very very fast, it was the quickest delivery iv'e ever had. i literally just bought a ssd from them there now

Aug 28, 2019
I've been using Mr Memory for RAM and microSDs for a few years now and recently bought a Kingston SSD kit for my old MacBook Pro. Very fast delivery and if you have any issues they sort it out quickly.

TRENDING THREADS