Sign in with
Your question

GATEWAY shuts down then beeps forever!!! HELP!!!

Last response: in CPUs
January 25, 2011 3:41:05 PM

Hello,
I have a Gateway GT5654. One day out of the blue we became victim to the blue screen of death. We would restart or unplug for a few hours then boot back up like it never happen. As you know it quickly started to do it a lot. I updated my video card and boom it stopped. :bounce:  Life is great :pt1cable:  Now as you are sitting there laughing :pt1cable:  at me. I'll say it first. It came back. I don’t know what to do. I look deep into my system and all it shows is unexpected connection lost or something like that. I don't know much on repair so I hope you can help me. I tried to update my other drivers but Gateway does not provide anything but what the system came with. I tried to complain but it did not help. Now all that is happening is the system will shut down beep in NO PATTERN. Then it will try to restart and beep with no pattern. The system will beep for hours if you let it.

This is a link to what Gateway provides.
http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/docexpress.a...

January 25, 2011 3:56:04 PM

I have the side removed and the fan is running. I also put a small table fan facing it just in case. Same problem.
m
l
January 25, 2011 4:05:22 PM

I have not applied any thermal paste nor do I know how. I will remove the ram sticks and do as you say. Oh I forgot to say I just did a complete reinstall of my system to see if that will fix problem.....nope :cry: 
m
l
Related resources
January 25, 2011 5:17:13 PM

Phoenix Technologies
m
l
July 10, 2011 3:33:13 PM

I have the same computer model and the exact same issue. Did you ever find out what was causing it?
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 10, 2011 3:41:45 PM

AlanVP said:
I have the same computer model and the exact same issue. Did you ever find out what was causing it?

a six month post old.
m
l
!