Which Mobo to choose?

apuxx

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Hi friends I was thinking of purchasing a new mobo in a few weeks.I'm tight on budget.
I want to know which 1 of these is better
1-Asus P8h61 m le
2-Msi H61m e23

I would also like to know that Intel h67 chipset supports PC3 12800 then Intel h61 should support it too.Will any PC3 12800 ram work on this mobo without any problem in dual channel mode.

I would appreciate any response.
Please help me out of this ***.......http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/cry.gif

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
They are both almost identical boards. MSI is probably ever so slightly better but I only say that because it has more audio ports, more onboard USB ports, and a few other minor features. ASUS (while a quality build) tends to charge for name brand. MSI is also a quality build and I've never had a problem with either brand motherboard.

As for RAM, PC3 12800 is DDR3-1600. These motherboards only do DDR3-1333. If you already have faster RAM it will work anyways just at the maximum speed the motherboard supports.

Now, what I'm sorta confused about is why are you buying just a motherboard? This board doesn't have any new features, and if you needed new features you could just buy a PCIe card that provides them for you at a much cheaper cost.

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
+1^ goes without saying you could save yourself a bit. What are you trying to accomplish, personally i stay away from Asus as throughout my experience they have given me a multitude of issues =)

apuxx

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011

First of all thanks for your reply.
I really appreciate that
But the thing is that i'm building my new budget gaming system.i would use it for browsing,watching HD sontents and gaming{Nfs shift low,call of duty,etc.}
THANKS BRO.

Latest posts