Intel DP67BG vs Asus P8P67 B3

The Intel DP67BG and the Asus P8P67 B3 are the two mobos that I've come down. Being a first-timer to computer building, I'm pretty much ignorant about what to look for in them.

I won't be SLI/Crossfire-ing. The number one criteria for me is of course durability and stability. Other than that, I don't really require any superfluos stuff, just that all the basic features should be present.

Cpu: 2500k
Gpu: 6950 Toxic or GTX 570

PS: Would a big-ass graphic card like the 6950 pose a problem on any of the two?
5 answers Last reply
More about intel dp67bg asus p8p67
  1. I would absolutely go with the Asus board.

Asus and Gigabyte are known to be the best manafactuers out there, and I will always suggest one of those over other boards.
  2. Have to disagree, they may have been, but I'm experiencing (and hearing from others) that their products don't seem ot have the build quality they're famous for. Also the after sales/warranty service is abismal.

itzdanielp said:
    I would absolutely go with the Asus board.

Asus and Gigabyte are known to be the best manafactuers out there, and I will always suggest one of those over other boards.
  3. Asus and Gigabyte both have some very good products. You are asking for durability and stability, which are areas that the Intel® Desktop Board DP67BG does very well in. While Intel board may not have much of a reputation for making enthusiast boards, we do make some of the most reliable boards on the market. You just won’t get as much overclocking room out of it as you do for the Asus P8P67.

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  4. Well, I'm not looking to overclock the cpu/gpu to extreme levels, just some mild tinkering about, say, ~.2-. GHz. If the Intel mobo can handle that, I'll go with it.
  5. While the Intel® Desktop Board DP67BG isnt the best overclocking board I don't thing you will have any problems reaching 4+ GHz with it.

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Product