Windows Wont start everytime i turn on computer

kmckinst

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Hello, I just built my first PC it was a lot of fun and it works great for the most part.

Anyway I installed windows 7 64 bit and updated it however when my PC is off I press the on button to turn it on and the screen is black no splash screen just black. So i turn it off and on again and still nothing. IT will usually works the third time or forth time and then boots up normally. I installed gigabytes chip-set drivers and still have the same problem. My graphics card has updated as well. Once windows actually boots there is no issue. The screen is black so i am thinking it is hardware related . Ran memtest and there is no issue with ram. Maybe the GPU? Any help would be appreciated.

Gygabyte 880gma-ud2
8gigs ram 1333
win 7 64bit
amd 1090t
1T hard drive WD black 64mb bus sata6.0
ATI 5830
HT omega claro plus. (Had problem before this was installed)

Solution
The best way is to try another PSU if possible. You can try as well running your board on the on board GPU and see if that solves the issue. If it does it points to the PSU not delivering what it is supposed to on the +12 volt rail.

kmckinst

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
I really appreciate the Quick reply!

The Whole system does not do anything. After a few hard restarts the splash screen comes up and everything is fine. It acts like the monitor does not have a signal. That's why i thought it may be the GPU or something else hardware related. I do not think it i the monitor.

kmckinst

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Thanks,

Not the best news in the i the world. My PSU is a seasonic gold 650watts. Is this enough power for my system? It seams to be a quality PSU.

Is there a way to see which one it is?

kmckinst

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
It is acting like the monitor is not getting a signal though. It acts the same as if nothing was plugged into it. The computer itself sound exactly like it does when it is running normally. Everything is on it just isnt recolonized by the monitor or it is not putting out a signal. The strange part is that I am typing this from the PC in question. IT does work fine it just doesn't always start the first time.

The best way is to try another PSU if possible. You can try as well running your board on the on board GPU and see if that solves the issue. If it does it points to the PSU not delivering what it is supposed to on the +12 volt rail.

Solution