SSD installation failed to boot

mimiga123

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hello, I am a computer rookie, so please forgive my ignorance.

I just bought a new Lenovo T430s and a Samsung 840 Pro SSD. Cloned the system by using Norton Ghost (First cloned the hidden disk, then Windows 7 disk) as the manual said. Then put the HDD out and put the SSD in. However, the windows failed to boot

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix...
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I checked the internet and just could understand some basic operations. For example, I entered into bios and saw
SATA Controller Mode option [AHCI]

Did not find any "Storage config" option... in the main menu. Also, I pressed F12 to the boot menu and selected Samsung 840 Pro but still no work.

ANyone can help me. As I said, I am a computer rookie and really need your detailed help. Thanks in advance.

mimiga123

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

Hi, I follwed the 830 manual. As you said, I did not find any manual for 840 pro and did not realize that disk is a clone software. Will cause boot failure if I followed the 830 manual?

mimiga123

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

Thanks for your reply. My old drive is 320GB HDD. Since it is a brand new laptop, I just cloned the hidden (boot) disk and the win7 disk, which is less than my 256GB SSD.