SSD installation failed to boot

Hello, I am a computer rookie, so please forgive my ignorance.

I just bought a new Lenovo T430s and a Samsung 840 Pro SSD. Cloned the system by using Norton Ghost (First cloned the hidden disk, then Windows 7 disk) as the manual said. Then put the HDD out and put the SSD in. However, the windows failed to boot

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix...
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I checked the internet and just could understand some basic operations. For example, I entered into bios and saw
SATA Controller Mode option [AHCI]

Did not find any "Storage config" option... in the main menu. Also, I pressed F12 to the boot menu and selected Samsung 840 Pro but still no work.

ANyone can help me. As I said, I am a computer rookie and really need your detailed help. Thanks in advance.
7 answers Last reply
More about installation failed boot
  1. What manual? I bought a 840 pro 4 days ago and haven't seen it saying that!? It comes with its own cloning program also
  2. What was your old hard drive's capacity and your new SSD's capacity?
  3. LeoMatrix said:
    What manual? I bought a 840 pro 4 days ago and haven't seen it saying that!? It comes with its own cloning program also

Hi, I follwed the 830 manual. As you said, I did not find any manual for 840 pro and did not realize that disk is a clone software. Will cause boot failure if I followed the 830 manual?
  4. RandomSauce22 said:
    What was your old hard drive's capacity and your new SSD's capacity?

Thanks for your reply. My old drive is 320GB HDD. Since it is a brand new laptop, I just cloned the hidden (boot) disk and the win7 disk, which is less than my 256GB SSD.
  5. Do you know the total amount of data that you cloned?
  6. RandomSauce22 said:
    Do you know the total amount of data that you cloned?

About 55gb totally. Does it matter?
  7. Anyone can help? I spent a whole day to deal with it, still no work...
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage