Vista H.P. 64 bit

C2 E6750 OC 3.2

Asus P5E

Corsair 4GB 1066

SB X-FI X Gamer

Silverstone OP650 54 AP

One WD Black 640

Two DVD Sata Burners

Games: All Stalker Games, Tomb Raider and others.

What I need to know is this, when I game all’s well, than for some reason my GPU locks up for about 2-3 seconds and then resumes. But sometimes it locks up and I have to do a hard restart.

I play at Medium to High settings with no AA/AF.

This happens often, especially when I,m running or when I entering some town.

Thank You
Don

Are you sure it's the GPU causing the problem? I'm assuming you're leaning that way because perhaps the old 8800GT didn't do this?

If you did not already, it's ALWAYS a good idea to completely uninstall the old nVidia drivers (use Driver Sweeper from Guru3D) before you install the new ATI card. Then, make sure you're using the latest ATI drivers (not the ones that came on the CD with your 5770).

If you didn't do that, try reinstalling everything and see if that helps.

Also, if you get 2-3 second freezes, that can sometimes occur if transitioning into new areas and data is being loaded. I saw that happen for 1/2 second or so at a time while playing the 1st and last Stalker games a couple weeks ago. :) And I've got a fairly high end system.

Do you get a Blue Screen when the system hangs? Or does the image just lock up and never continue?

G

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You for taking time out to help me.

Yes, I zero out my drive and than reinstall all drivers.

Changing from one environment too another I under stand this should (will) happen, but it does it often even when I stay (for insists) in the swap without going into a building.

No, I never or rarely get a blue screen (can't remember the last time) the picture is still there, but my system or GPU just locks up and than releases. ( it sounds like my systems or GPU tightens up like a rubber band than releases.)

TY
Don