Hard drive has RAW file system!

jebbo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hi, i "had" a NAS drive and suddenly yesterday it stopped working properly. when i accesed it from my computer it said "this folder is empty" so i looked at the properties and so my previous 1tb HDD turned into 211mb!! so i got the drive and plugged it into my system where i could get a closer look at things and such. In computer management it finally recognizes the drive as a 1tb HDD however the filing system is in RAW.

I also know that i could just reformat it but I would like to keep as many files as i can if possible although the stuff is not that important, seeing that i could just download it again. Could you please give me some things that i could try?

P.S the HDD shows up in my computer but wont open, it sais "(x:) is not accesible, not enough space..."

jebbo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
well i just ran a check disk and there were no bad sectors etc.. but it did something about inserting attributes and such idont know but it WORKED !!!im guessing that it recognized that the filing system was RAW and changed it to NTFS

jebbo

Honorable
May 29, 2012

YEs all my files were still on it amazingly. You don't happen to have any ideas how this happened in the first place, my NAS manual has nothing about it. The lights were bling green and red but there was nothing on the internet about this issue with the same product.

Thanks anyway
Tim

jebbo

Honorable
May 29, 2012

Nah I've had it for at least 3 years, i guess its just old age, things start to fail i guess.

Thanks for the interest though.
Tim