UT2K3 server down?

Last response: in Video Games
August 13, 2004 1:24:36 AM

first time ever could not play online, is the server down?

jay cee

More about : ut2k3 server

Anonymous
August 13, 2004 1:24:37 AM

"Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in news:cfgvvo$non$1@nntp-stjh-01-
01.rogers.nf.net:

> first time ever could not play online, is the server down?
>
> jay cee

I don't think so. I can't get on the network with 2003 or the demo2003, it
says can't make connection. However, if I use GameSpy I CAN connect.
I've just installed XP SP2, that may be the culprit, however everything
else works fine, including other online games.

tonyk
August 13, 2004 1:24:37 AM

"Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
> first time ever could not play online, is the server down?
>
> jay cee

Yes Epic has determined that there current Palm Pilot server, currently used for
UT2003, needs a new battery. It will be down until they get free help from one
of the UT community programmers show them where the new battery goes. As thanks,
Epic will then use that programmers current work on the next Unreal upgrade
without any compensation.

--

HornDog
No good deed goes unpunished

"HornDog" <horndog@horndogshouse.com> wrote in message

> "Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
> > first time ever could not play online, is the server down?
> >
> > jay cee
> >

> Yes Epic has determined that there current Palm Pilot server, currently used
for
> UT2003, needs a new battery. It will be down until they get free help from one
> of the UT community programmers show them where the new battery goes. As
thanks,
> Epic will then use that programmers current work on the next Unreal upgrade
> without any compensation.

Wow, they use a palm pilot? I figured they just the server on an old 268
someone had lying in their garage.
August 13, 2004 9:52:20 PM

UT2004 server is down as well
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 2:01:57 AM

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:31:04 -0500, tonyk <teeburd105@comcast.net>
wrote:

>"Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in news:cfgvvo$non$1@nntp-stjh-01-
>01.rogers.nf.net:
>
>> first time ever could not play online, is the server down?
>>
>> jay cee
>>

>I don't think so. I can't get on the network with 2003 or the demo2003, it
>says can't make connection. However, if I use GameSpy I CAN connect.
>I've just installed XP SP2, that may be the culprit, however everything
>else works fine, including other online games.
>
>tonyk

I installed SP2 for Windows XP too and i cant get it to play online.
Crazy
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 3:34:25 AM

Grant wrote:
> "HornDog" <horndog@horndogshouse.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
>>
>>>first time ever could not play online, is the server down?
>>>
>>>jay cee
>>>

>>Yes Epic has determined that there current Palm Pilot server, currently used
>
> for
>
>>UT2003, needs a new battery. It will be down until they get free help from one
>>of the UT community programmers show them where the new battery goes. As
>
> thanks,
>
>>Epic will then use that programmers current work on the next Unreal upgrade
>>without any compensation.
>>

> Wow, they use a palm pilot? I figured they just the server on an old 268
> someone had lying in their garage.

--
IWIK
Anonymous

> Wow, they use a palm pilot? I figured they just the server on an old 268
> someone had lying in their garage.

Sod 286s. 8086s are where it's at. BIGGING IT UP WIT DA XT CROO.

*ahem*

--
IWIK
August 14, 2004 4:59:18 AM

"IWIK" <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@AMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Wow, they use a palm pilot? I figured they just the server on an old 268
> > someone had lying in their garage.
>
> Sod 286s. 8086s are where it's at. BIGGING IT UP WIT DA XT CROO.

I remember the day I had to throw out my XT. Of course I had a Pentium 1
already, but I still miss that computer. Unfortunately the keyboard broke, and
I couldn't find a compatible replacement for it after searching for 3 months...
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 10:26:04 AM

damn those wigger's

damyjuk