UT2K3 server down?

first time ever could not play online, is the server down?

jay cee
9 answers Last reply
More about ut2k3 server down
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in news:cfgvvo$non$1@nntp-stjh-01-
    01.rogers.nf.net:

    > first time ever could not play online, is the server down?
    >
    > jay cee

    I don't think so. I can't get on the network with 2003 or the demo2003, it
    says can't make connection. However, if I use GameSpy I CAN connect.
    I've just installed XP SP2, that may be the culprit, however everything
    else works fine, including other online games.

    tonyk
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
    > first time ever could not play online, is the server down?
    >
    > jay cee

    Yes Epic has determined that there current Palm Pilot server, currently used for
    UT2003, needs a new battery. It will be down until they get free help from one
    of the UT community programmers show them where the new battery goes. As thanks,
    Epic will then use that programmers current work on the next Unreal upgrade
    without any compensation.

    --

    HornDog
    No good deed goes unpunished

    "HornDog" <horndog@horndogshouse.com> wrote in message

    > "Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
    > > first time ever could not play online, is the server down?
    > >
    > > jay cee
    > >

    > Yes Epic has determined that there current Palm Pilot server, currently used
    for
    > UT2003, needs a new battery. It will be down until they get free help from one
    > of the UT community programmers show them where the new battery goes. As
    thanks,
    > Epic will then use that programmers current work on the next Unreal upgrade
    > without any compensation.

    Wow, they use a palm pilot? I figured they just the server on an old 268
    someone had lying in their garage.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    UT2004 server is down as well
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:31:04 -0500, tonyk <teeburd105@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >"Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in news:cfgvvo$non$1@nntp-stjh-01-
    >01.rogers.nf.net:
    >
    >> first time ever could not play online, is the server down?
    >>
    >> jay cee
    >>

    >I don't think so. I can't get on the network with 2003 or the demo2003, it
    >says can't make connection. However, if I use GameSpy I CAN connect.
    >I've just installed XP SP2, that may be the culprit, however everything
    >else works fine, including other online games.
    >
    >tonyk

    I installed SP2 for Windows XP too and i cant get it to play online.
    Crazy
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Grant wrote:
    > "HornDog" <horndog@horndogshouse.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>first time ever could not play online, is the server down?
    >>>
    >>>jay cee
    >>>

    >>Yes Epic has determined that there current Palm Pilot server, currently used
    >
    > for
    >
    >>UT2003, needs a new battery. It will be down until they get free help from one
    >>of the UT community programmers show them where the new battery goes. As
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    >>Epic will then use that programmers current work on the next Unreal upgrade
    >>without any compensation.
    >>

    > Wow, they use a palm pilot? I figured they just the server on an old 268
    > someone had lying in their garage.

    --
    IWIK
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > Wow, they use a palm pilot? I figured they just the server on an old 268
    > someone had lying in their garage.

    Sod 286s. 8086s are where it's at. BIGGING IT UP WIT DA XT CROO.

    *ahem*

    --
    IWIK
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "IWIK" <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@AMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > Wow, they use a palm pilot? I figured they just the server on an old 268
    > > someone had lying in their garage.
    >
    > Sod 286s. 8086s are where it's at. BIGGING IT UP WIT DA XT CROO.

    I remember the day I had to throw out my XT. Of course I had a Pentium 1
    already, but I still miss that computer. Unfortunately the keyboard broke, and
    I couldn't find a compatible replacement for it after searching for 3 months...
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    damn those wigger's

    damyjuk

    "IWIK" <alexAN.TIlivingstoneSP@AMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > Wow, they use a palm pilot? I figured they just the server on an old
    268
    > > someone had lying in their garage.
    >
    > Sod 286s. 8086s are where it's at. BIGGING IT UP WIT DA XT CROO.
    >
    > *ahem*
    >
    > --
    > IWIK

Games Servers Video Games