NexStar TX is not visible

TGR_15

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I have a Lenovo Y580 with Windows 8, 1 TB Hard Drive and 32 GB SSD. Recently, I decided to give away my previous laptop, a Dell XPS 15z with a 2.5" Hard Drive. I used a NexStar TX SATA Hard Drive Enclosure for it and pluged it right into my Y580 through a 2.0 usb. I tried viewing my disk management but it looked like my computer doesn't seem to have it. I later looked at my BIOS but sadly, this laptop does not have it unlocked.

Any help would be appreciated.

popatim

Titan
sinceits in a usb encloser you wont see it in the bios unless your bios lists usb devices attached. I don't see that feature often.

Its quite possible win8 doesn't have the drivers for the usb bridge so that it can recognize the drive on the other side. You will need to find the drivers and install them. I've gotten even vista drivers to work with win8 so theres a good chance of success.

TGR_15

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
My BIOS doesn't show anything popped up. I will try my best to get screenshots posted up to show you what I mean.

For the drivers, can you link me the drivers that I might need to get?

TGR_15

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah, of course. When I first plugged it in my Win7 Sony Vaio PC, nothing pops up. I'm not too sure what to check in my BIOS in order to find out if my enclosure is working out.

Filmertography

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
If you have a new unformatted HDD in the Nexstar it won't be seen .... check out the manual as pdf on WWW.vantecusa.com - this gives you the procedure to create a partition, format the disk and give it a volume name ... from then on you will be able to see that drive in the Nexstar.