my PC specifications as below:
Case: Cooler Master STORM
CPU: AMD Phenom II 965
RAM : 8 Gb 2x4
Hard disc : 1TB WD 7200RPM
VGA : ATI HD 5750
with LCD LG 22"
I thinking about Sandy bridge CPU's
Is it worth to just upgrade my M.B. and CPU in present time or wait to some time
now I played all the games smoothly without problems but I thinking in future dose the present specifications enough for one or two year.

I will thankful for advice

More about : dose upgrade

January 26, 2011 2:38:58 PM

I played with 1650x1050
m
l
January 26, 2011 2:42:34 PM

thanks for replay
m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2011 2:43:45 PM

This computer set-up is good to last at least a year;

CPU: Most games out now are only just starting to fully utilize dual core processors apart from a select few that may recommend quad-core (Civilization 5). Also most applications don't require anything more powerful than what you have got unless you use your PC for highly advanced professionally applications.

RAM: This is enough RAM to last quite a while yet - presuming its DDR3? Most Games/Applications wont require more than this for a good few years probably.

Hard Disk: This HDD has loads of space and unless you frequently use video software to make HQ videos that should be enough storage for now.

Graphics Card: This is a decent graphics card for what you require it to do but you might want to consider upgrading to a lower level 58** in about a year. (Or if the money is available you could upgrade now.)

**Advice**
If you are going to upgrade make sure to get at least a Quad-core CPU, preferably an Core i7. Also make sure you have a large enough power supply to power any new components you may buy.
VGA is the type of connection to your monitor, Its the GPU or Graphics card that actually does the work, VGA is just the name of the wire that connects the two.

Helped gracefully by, JoshWS
m
l
January 26, 2011 3:07:24 PM

Thanks JoshWS
In future my upgrade will be two choices:
1- AMD Bulldozer Platform
2- Intel S.B. Platform

Recently I will stay with the same speci. but all will doing will upgrade the VGA to ATI6850 which is depend on the future games Crysis 2 , BFBC3.
Here another Q
If I put SSD for OS and some programs but put the games in regular HD , dose that increase the games performance?
m
l

Best solution

January 26, 2011 3:17:43 PM

If you place the OS on the SSD drive it will considerably speed up start-up times, sometimes as low as 10 seconds, but will not have a significant effect on the gaming but it will show a slight increase as not as much is being run through the hard drive. E.g If you have a 3gb per second hard drive, putting the OS on another drive will mean it can transfer data faster and will have an increase on Turn-based-strategies like the Total War series but not really on First-person shooter like Crysis and BattlefieldBC.
January 26, 2011 3:21:12 PM

ok
thanks
I will upgrade just the VGA card
m
l
January 26, 2011 3:24:02 PM

Make sure to put this topic as 'Answered' if you have found out everything you need, if you haven't leave it open or ask another question.

m
l
January 26, 2011 3:26:05 PM

Best answer selected by baha timimi.
m
l
a c 117 à CPUs
January 26, 2011 4:18:46 PM

baha timimi said:
Thanks JoshWS
In future my upgrade will be two choices:
1- AMD Bulldozer Platform
2- Intel S.B. Platform

Recently I will stay with the same speci. but all will doing will upgrade the VGA to ATI6850 which is depend on the future games Crysis 2 , BFBC3.
Here another Q
If I put SSD for OS and some programs but put the games in regular HD , dose that increase the games performance?

baha timimi said:
ok
thanks
I will upgrade just the VGA card

Your stuff ....

_____Case: Cooler Master STORM
_____CPU: AMD Phenom II 965
_____RAM : 8 Gb 2x4
_____Hard disc : 1TB WD 7200RPM
_____VGA : ATI HD 5750 with LCD LG 22"

should move nicely to an AM3+ motherboard. Hopefully we'll hear a lot more about those next month.

If your mobo permits ... at 1650x1050 an HD 5750 CrossFire would work great and scale well above a single card -- would also move nicely to 1920x1080 (especially with 1GB cards). Otherwise - encoding and CAD would benefit from improving your disk I/O.

I just snagged two 1TB Spinpoint F3 HD103SJs -- they're fast :ouch: 

m
l
!