Sign in with
Your question
Solved

About fan speed.....

Last response: in Components
January 26, 2011 4:14:54 PM

Hey there :hello:  ,
i have speedfan software, by which i monitored my CPU temp 3 days ago while 100% cpu usage as 65 C
peak and 58 C constant, (800-900 RPM at 27% speed)

i have E5400 2.7GHZ :sol:  ,
then i change the cpu fan speed to 82% by speedfan and it rotates around 1900 to 2015 RPM and reduced the temp to 48 C constant and 53 C peak, and no awkward noise is coming from fan,
now i have a question that is --> :o  Can i change it to 100% for full cpu usage by speedfan software? what will be the harm if i do so?
:heink:  and 48 C to 55 C temp. is OK for full CPU usage??

More about : fan speed

Best solution

January 26, 2011 4:22:16 PM

The processor you are using can safely operate at temperatures up to 74 degrees but obviously, lower is better. It is not a good idea to run your fans that fast though as it will decrease their life expectancy. It is OK to put them on full every now and again when you CPU is getting a little hot, but it's not recommended for constant use.

Answered by, JoshWS
January 26, 2011 4:31:46 PM

JoshWS said:
The processor you are using can safely operate at temperatures up to 74 degrees but obviously, lower is better. It is not a good idea to run your fans that fast though as it will decrease their life expectancy. It is OK to put them on full every now and again when you CPU is getting a little hot, but it's not recommended for constant use.

Answered by, JoshWS

;)  Ok i will only increase the speed whenever it is required only then. thanx for replying :D 
Related resources
a c 162 à CPUs
January 26, 2011 4:50:48 PM

As long as you are staying in the safe temp range it doesnt matter much, even your first set of temperature readings was fine. Cranking a fan up to higher speed will shorten its life because it will generate more heat in the bearings and stress them more causing them to wear out and fail sooner. You can set a higher fan speed curve using some programs, but i wouldnt have it go to 100% unless it really really needs to, most physical hardware takes significantly more wear if its running above about 70%.
February 2, 2011 9:42:16 AM

Best answer selected by anuk07.
!