2K4 Voicechat Sound Effects - How to?

Last response: in Video Games
August 14, 2004 12:58:12 AM

Hi Folx!
On some servers i hear some guys speaking with a voice like MickeyMouse
or like a big Monster. When i ask them how they do that, i never got
response. I have winxp and a soundlblaster live player 1024. When i go
in the EAX or card setup program(in windoze, not ingame) i can create
effects that my voice sounds like mickeymouse or other effects. the
problem is that now all sounds have these effects like all the normal
ingame-sounds, i only want to pass my microphone through the
soundblaster dsp-effects. Has anybody figured out how to do this? Or do
i have to use additional software for that?

thanks.
August 14, 2004 12:58:13 AM

"Klaus Bregel" <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi Folx!
> On some servers i hear some guys speaking with a voice like MickeyMouse
> or like a big Monster. When i ask them how they do that, i never got
> response. I have winxp and a soundlblaster live player 1024. When i go
> in the EAX or card setup program(in windoze, not ingame) i can create
> effects that my voice sounds like mickeymouse or other effects. the
> problem is that now all sounds have these effects like all the normal
> ingame-sounds, i only want to pass my microphone through the
> soundblaster dsp-effects. Has anybody figured out how to do this? Or do
> i have to use additional software for that?
>
> thanks.

There are several voice changing software programs available to do just that.

Check this one out: http://www.audio4fun.com/
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 8:35:59 AM

Am Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:40:20 -0400 schrieb Grant:

> "Klaus Bregel" <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote in message
>> Hi Folx!
>> On some servers i hear some guys speaking with a voice like MickeyMouse
>> or like a big Monster. When i ask them how they do that, i never got
>> response. I have winxp and a soundlblaster live player 1024. When i go
>> in the EAX or card setup program(in windoze, not ingame) i can create
>> effects that my voice sounds like mickeymouse or other effects. the
>> problem is that now all sounds have these effects like all the normal
>> ingame-sounds, i only want to pass my microphone through the
>> soundblaster dsp-effects. Has anybody figured out how to do this? Or do
>> i have to use additional software for that?
>>
>> thanks.
>>

> There are several voice changing software programs available to do just that.
>
> Check this one out: http://www.audio4fun.com/

thx.
thats just what i wanted. i installed the proggi, but it uses 4 to 20
percent of my athlon xp1800 power resources, thats too much. i still hope
someone to give me the clue to do that with my soundcards build in dsp
processors to not use my cpu time. i appreciate any tips.
thx
Related resources
August 14, 2004 8:36:00 AM

> > There are several voice changing software programs available to do just
that.

> > Check this one out: http://www.audio4fun.com/
>
> thx.
> thats just what i wanted. i installed the proggi, but it uses 4 to 20
> percent of my athlon xp1800 power resources, thats too much. i still hope
> someone to give me the clue to do that with my soundcards build in dsp
> processors to not use my cpu time. i appreciate any tips.
> thx

Yup, it's going to use up some CPU time. But AFAIK there isn't any way to use
the EAX extensions on just your voice...and even if there were, I don't believe
it works on recording devices, only on outputs, so only you would hear the
modified voice.

Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 3:31:27 PM

Klaus Bregel wrote:

> thx.
> thats just what i wanted. i installed the proggi, but it uses 4 to 20
> percent of my athlon xp1800 power resources, thats too much. i still hope
> someone to give me the clue to do that with my soundcards build in dsp
> processors to not use my cpu time. i appreciate any tips.
> thx

If it operates using DSP in hardware, it's not going to be able to
filter for each channel. EAX effects aren't selectively applicable that
way, yet. The best you could hope for is to write a program that turns
the EAX effects on and off with a shortcut key combination, and use that
in-game. It will still affect music and sound effects, though.
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 11:27:43 AM

"Klaus Bregel" <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote in

> Hi Folx!
> On some servers i hear some guys speaking with a voice like
> MickeyMouse or like a big Monster.
[snip]
> Has anybody figured out how to do this? Or do i have to use additional
> software for that?

Maybe you're making this too hard...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008OLI...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/to...
http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/product549/product_info....
http://www.tbotech.com/voicechanger.htm
etc.

-Pyrohydra
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 6:00:51 AM

Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:27:43 GMT schrieb Pyrohydra:

> "Klaus Bregel" <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote in
>
>> Hi Folx!
>> On some servers i hear some guys speaking with a voice like
>> MickeyMouse or like a big Monster.
> [snip]
>> Has anybody figured out how to do this? Or do i have to use additional
>> software for that?
>
> Maybe you're making this too hard...
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008OLI...
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/to...
> http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/product549/product_info....
> http://www.tbotech.com/voicechanger.htm
> etc.
>
> -Pyrohydra

Hehe, funny things. Quite affordable speacially the Hulk gimmick.

thx
!