Rear panel sound jack not working

shokwaav

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
I've got a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard, and I can't get the rear panel sound connector to work. I've reinstalled all the 'audio' drivers in device manager and downloaded the latest audio driver from the Downloads website but nothing seems to be working.

fair enough --its always best to check the simple things first--2nd simple thing to check is the speakers or headphones you are using--do you know they definately work? and if they are powered ones is the power on and if they have volume control is it turned up

after that you should look to see if your sound device is being detected by windows--control panel--sound--playback devices

shokwaav

Distinguished
May 19, 2010

i'm not sure. i don't think i see it.

YUU1a.png

shokwaav

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
yes

yes

built it myself. front audio doesn't work because the front panel audio connector fell off and its a pain in the ass to put it back so i've just left it off for now. i might try again later... but i would prefer the back panel to work

G

Intel video audio? Are you using hdmi? Is your audio defaulting to hdmi instead of you onboard? Check in sound playback in control panel. Good luck

shokwaav

Distinguished
May 19, 2010

sorry for the late reply...

yes intel video audio. yes i'm using hdmi to connect my screen. it defaults to AMD HDMI Output.

Speakers are not under playback devices. here's a screenshot
wz2HX.png