Transfer Build. Computer starts and restarts. No post.

warcraftjs

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
I have read i don't know how many different types of threads and still have the problem.

I have changed the Power supply.
Had a 400w in the orginal box, then put a 500w and had this problem. Changed back to the 400w still reboots.

I took it out of the new case and just barebones start still restarts.

Tried reseating the processor and fan.

I will add more info when I get home and continue working on this computer.

PokerPlex

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Unfortunately there is a plethora of reasons why your system might be rebooting constantly.

Though based one your process-of-elimination thus far...
probably your mobo :(.

warcraftjs

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010

Hope not. But will add more info later.

need more detail, i'm sorry.
was this happening before you made this transfer.?
meaning the system was running fine in the old case and you moved all the drives over to the new case and then it started happening.?
what drives AND other hardware did you move over.? in detail..
what OS and were you properly grounded when touching all hardware to be safe from static shock.??!!
(things are hardly ever go as they seem and when it does go smooth, you think it's still gonna mess up..)

Na it was not.
It was running fine before the transfer to the new case.

I moved over the mobo, processor, processor fan, Video card, and power source, Dvd burners, And some case fans (most are new tho).

Have Windows 7 64bit.
I believe I was grounded.

very true on the things never go as they should.

Is there any other info that I should add?

warcraftjs

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
ok lets strip it down to the bare essentials to boot.
one stick of RAM, video card and HDD - that's all. try and boot.
then let's start with the RAM, try it in different configurations starting with one stick at a time. try and boot.
then video card, swap for another for testing.
then HDD, swap for another for testing.

Hey sorry for not getting back to this sooner. Have had a messed up couple of days.

But I did the one stick of RAM. And it posted and went into windows. Great. So I shut down and hooked up the rest of the parts up. Still booted fine. Shut down put the other stick of ram in the right place (get to this in a sec) and every thing is fine.

What was wrong was the 2 RAM sticks were put in the wrong places on the MOBO. 4 DDR2 slots and 2 DDR3 slots. Not sure how it worked before but it is working great now!

Also what is with CoolMax power supplys? Had a couple that are just crap.

Thanks to everyone for there help.