Ocz agility 3 memory loss

Hi, i have an OCZ Agility 3 128GB SSD with the 2.22 firmware on it. I have a p8z77 v Deluxe motherboard. My problem is, my ssd loses memory when time passes. I installed a couple of games reinstalled them and installed again. Right now i only have planetside 2 on it cos the loading time went from 8 seconds to 1. But everything else is stored in my other drive. I checked for defrag which i know is the worst thing to do and i had 12% fragmented. I defragged and i gained 13GB. Why is that? I know its the worst to do to an ssd but what can i do in order to restore that memory.... i mean it was 13GB... Also while my computer is turned onn i sometimes lose up to 1 GB of memory... why?
4 answers Last reply
More about agility memory loss
  1. What operating system are you using?
  2. when you set up a ssd you want to do some thing that turn off things like swap file.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds
    the swap file and other setting will eat up space on a ssd. with ssd there should also be a clean up tool from the vendor that take empty blocks and wipe them and let the system reuse the data. most ssd set some space for trim and garbage collection.
  3. windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit.
  4. i did everything that you are supposed to do for a better SSD life... Still, i wake up the next day 2% fragmented 2.4 GB missing in 1 week.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD OCZ Memory Storage