Graphics card constant overheating and crashes

Ronnies1312

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I have been having some problems with my graphics card. It constantly overheats and crashes sometimes resulting in a BSOD or getting lines vertically running down the screen. I have already bought two different cooling pads to see if they will help but even though they reduce temperatures its not enough to stop the crashes.

Hy graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400, when i am doing light tasks such as browsing the web the temp is around 59C and when playing games or using photoshop around 89-93C. Personally i think that is too hot as sometimes the laptop almost burns my leg.

What can i do? Ive tried cooling fans and cleaning the dust.

Any help is appreciated.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Your laptop is showing its age and there is nothing much that you can do about it.You can try those laptop coolers.But it would be better if you get a new laptop.

Ronnies1312

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010

Honestly I would have assumed that but the laptop is only a year old and has been doing it since new, but has gotten worse over time.

sHuib86

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
wut do u mean by 'cleaning the dust'? u clean it inside or outside the laptop..if its an old laptop, seems to me there dust in ur fan inside the laptop. if u have warranty, go use it. if no more, open the laptop and clean the dust.