New card problems

dampat

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hello,
I am having a problem with my new gaphics card. It is a Galaxy GTS250 with 512 ddr3. I installed it a couple of days ago and it worked fine for about 40 minutes when playing City of Heroes, then the screen started flickering and then went black. The computer itself did not shut off. I did a restart and the same thing happened again. I call Galaxy tech support and they said my 375w psu was not good enough and to replace it with a 450w or better unit, they also suggested I unistall and reinstall the drivers. I did both, upgrading to a 500w psu that met all of the requirements for the card. I still have the same problem. I do not have a problem when the computer is on, but not running any program, as I left it on all night and it was still ok this morning. I also had no prblems at all when I was using the 6800 gt vard I replaced. Any help?

dampat

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

Hey rolli59,
Good to hear from you again. Is the temp problem with the card, or another piece of the computer? Where can I find these monitor programs? The card came with a "xtreme tuner" disc, that I have not used or installed. It looks to contain fan speed control, core clock/memory control, shader clock control, and BIOS recovery tool. Understanf that I have little idea of what all this does.

colonel vanik

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
i am not that much of an expert but in my opinion it shouldn't have started to die after just 40minutes .
in my opinion u should notice temp difference using GPU-Z .
and instead of pushing the already troubled fan's speed u should a pci fan.
just a suggestion

dampat

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Well after I had installed the extreme tuner software, I ran some video and watched the fan speed and temp i hopes of figuring this out. I called Galaxy tech supportwith the info and the long story made short, and they said that the reading were nornal and that the card was probally defective. After the long trip to exchange it, it is up and running, at least for now.

TRENDING THREADS