BG1: Possible bug?

Last response: in Video Games
a b α HP
May 6, 2004 7:45:31 AM

I am playing BG/ToSC Original Saga with Baldurdash and ToTSC text correction
installed. I thought I had heard of a bug where hit points were generated
wrong or something...

I know that might not be helpful, but when Kagain and Montaron both gained
a level, each only got one HP. Kagain got 6 with his CON bonus, but Monty I
believe only got one. This is strange since his CON bonus allows him a +1,
so he should have gotten at least 2.

Is this a bug that was never fixed?

Thanks,

Brandt

More about : bg1 bug

Anonymous
a b α HP
May 6, 2004 8:06:30 AM

Brandt P wrote:

> I am playing BG/ToSC Original Saga with Baldurdash and ToTSC text correction
> installed. I thought I had heard of a bug where hit points were generated
> wrong or something...

That has to do with a mod, not the unmodded game.

> I know that might not be helpful, but when Kagain and Montaron both gained
> a level, each only got one HP. Kagain got 6 with his CON bonus, but Monty I
> believe only got one. This is strange since his CON bonus allows him a +1,
> so he should have gotten at least 2.

He's multiclassed, which muddies the waters some.
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 6, 2004 2:11:18 PM

On Thu, 06 May 2004 03:45:31 GMT, "Brandt P"
<bpruett@twminospam.rr.com> wrote:

>I am playing BG/ToSC Original Saga with Baldurdash and ToTSC text correction
>installed. I thought I had heard of a bug where hit points were generated
>wrong or something...
>
>I know that might not be helpful, but when Kagain and Montaron both gained
>a level, each only got one HP. Kagain got 6 with his CON bonus, but Monty I
>believe only got one. This is strange since his CON bonus allows him a +1,
>so he should have gotten at least 2.
>
>Is this a bug that was never fixed?

Long time since I played bg1 - but I seem to possibily remember them
getting hit point increases wrong somewhere. However there is usully
another explanation.

Is Monteron perhaps a dual class character? Did he perhpas gain a
level in mage/theif? The way the con bonus thang tends to work for
dual class characters is that they will gain the correct overall
benifit upon both classes increasing in level - i.e. it may balance
out when the other class catches up.
a b α HP
May 6, 2004 3:05:31 PM

Oops, I had forgotten about the multiclass thing. Monty had in fact gained
a level of thief, then I forgot it the number of HP is divided by the number
of classes or something like that.

Thank you all.
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 6, 2004 5:27:43 PM

On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:05:31 GMT, "Brandt P"
<bpruett@twminospam.rr.com> wrote:

>Oops, I had forgotten about the multiclass thing. Monty had in fact gained
>a level of thief, then I forgot it the number of HP is divided by the number
>of classes or something like that.

iirc I was unhappy with the probability of the hp increase rolls for
multiclass characters - basically you would get 1 out of possible 2
3/4's of the time instead of 1/2 the time as it ought to theoretically
pan out.
May 6, 2004 9:27:15 PM

Trickle wrote:

> On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:05:31 GMT, "Brandt P"
> <bpruett@twminospam.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >Oops, I had forgotten about the multiclass thing. Monty had in fact gained
> >a level of thief, then I forgot it the number of HP is divided by the number
> >of classes or something like that.
>
> iirc I was unhappy with the probability of the hp increase rolls for
> multiclass characters - basically you would get 1 out of possible 2
> 3/4's of the time instead of 1/2 the time as it ought to theoretically
> pan out.

The "rules" specify round down, keep the fraction for the next
roll.
The probabilities are based on that rule.

Replies to: Njk04s_130_p(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom
!