BG1: Possible bug?

I am playing BG/ToSC Original Saga with Baldurdash and ToTSC text correction
installed. I thought I had heard of a bug where hit points were generated
wrong or something...

I know that might not be helpful, but when Kagain and Montaron both gained
a level, each only got one HP. Kagain got 6 with his CON bonus, but Monty I
believe only got one. This is strange since his CON bonus allows him a +1,
so he should have gotten at least 2.

Is this a bug that was never fixed?

Thanks,

Brandt
5 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Brandt P wrote:

    > I am playing BG/ToSC Original Saga with Baldurdash and ToTSC text correction
    > installed. I thought I had heard of a bug where hit points were generated
    > wrong or something...

    That has to do with a mod, not the unmodded game.

    > I know that might not be helpful, but when Kagain and Montaron both gained
    > a level, each only got one HP. Kagain got 6 with his CON bonus, but Monty I
    > believe only got one. This is strange since his CON bonus allows him a +1,
    > so he should have gotten at least 2.

    He's multiclassed, which muddies the waters some.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    On Thu, 06 May 2004 03:45:31 GMT, "Brandt P"
    <bpruett@twminospam.rr.com> wrote:

    >I am playing BG/ToSC Original Saga with Baldurdash and ToTSC text correction
    >installed. I thought I had heard of a bug where hit points were generated
    >wrong or something...
    >
    >I know that might not be helpful, but when Kagain and Montaron both gained
    >a level, each only got one HP. Kagain got 6 with his CON bonus, but Monty I
    >believe only got one. This is strange since his CON bonus allows him a +1,
    >so he should have gotten at least 2.
    >
    >Is this a bug that was never fixed?

    Long time since I played bg1 - but I seem to possibily remember them
    getting hit point increases wrong somewhere. However there is usully
    another explanation.

    Is Monteron perhaps a dual class character? Did he perhpas gain a
    level in mage/theif? The way the con bonus thang tends to work for
    dual class characters is that they will gain the correct overall
    benifit upon both classes increasing in level - i.e. it may balance
    out when the other class catches up.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Oops, I had forgotten about the multiclass thing. Monty had in fact gained
    a level of thief, then I forgot it the number of HP is divided by the number
    of classes or something like that.

    Thank you all.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:05:31 GMT, "Brandt P"
    <bpruett@twminospam.rr.com> wrote:

    >Oops, I had forgotten about the multiclass thing. Monty had in fact gained
    >a level of thief, then I forgot it the number of HP is divided by the number
    >of classes or something like that.

    iirc I was unhappy with the probability of the hp increase rolls for
    multiclass characters - basically you would get 1 out of possible 2
    3/4's of the time instead of 1/2 the time as it ought to theoretically
    pan out.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Trickle wrote:

    > On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:05:31 GMT, "Brandt P"
    > <bpruett@twminospam.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Oops, I had forgotten about the multiclass thing. Monty had in fact gained
    > >a level of thief, then I forgot it the number of HP is divided by the number
    > >of classes or something like that.
    >
    > iirc I was unhappy with the probability of the hp increase rolls for
    > multiclass characters - basically you would get 1 out of possible 2
    > 3/4's of the time instead of 1/2 the time as it ought to theoretically
    > pan out.

    The "rules" specify round down, keep the fraction for the next
    roll.
    The probabilities are based on that rule.

    Replies to: Njk04s_130_p(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

Hewlett Packard Games Bug Video Games