$560 build, if I buy today. Are these compatible?

If I buy this AMD system today, are these parts all compatible?

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz

GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3

G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNS

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC

CM690 II Basic

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

Total is 564.91 after rebates and promos, if I am correct.

Will the g. skill memory work okay? It's not on the QVL. Do the head spreaders really matter?

Also, I went with the 650w PSU in for future upgrades and/or if a video card is added later.

Is the stock cpu fan loud or should I get the Hyper 212+?
5 answers Last reply
More about build today compatible
  1. the G.skill is fine. Heat Spreaders are for overclocked memory, really, or looking nicer. No real performance effect.

you could probly save a few bucks by getting a different case, the 690 II is very big for a micro-atx board like the 880. a Challenger or Destroyer or Blackbone might work well. Of if you're going for an HTPC, the coolermaster 360 Elite looks interesting
  2. Loud is a relative term; with cool and quiet enabled, it should be fine for normal use. If you plan on an OC, get the 212.

I would expect the RAM would work fine, if you don't plan on an OC. Don't worry about heat spreaders.

Looks like a good build, you could obviously spend a bit more on CPU and RAM, but that's pretty much always the case.
  3. Thanks for the replies! I want to go with the g. skill because it is cheaper, but is it more risky than using the mushkin or going with g. skill that is on the QVL?

I will use the seasonic suggestion.

I want to go with the cm690 II because I know how to make it quiet and am familiar with the case. The antec looks okay, but I am concerned it would be louder than the cm690 II.
  4. Mushkin & Skill are recommended a lot here because they are a) Reliable and b) inexpensive.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Compatibility Systems Product