Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Multiple SSD

Last response: in Storage
Share
February 11, 2013 1:39:13 PM

hello guys, i will buy a laptop which it will have 3 SSD, and i was wondering where should i install my games, in the SSD where win 8 is installed or in any of the other 2 SSD?
thanks for your answers.

More about : multiple ssd

a b D Laptop
a c 289 G Storage
February 11, 2013 2:19:13 PM

And the definitive answer is - wherever you have enough space. With SSDs, I don't see a noticeable benefit from having the OS on one drive and the games on another.

3 SSD in one laptop? A beast. Can you send a link to the product? I'd like to see it.
m
0
l
February 11, 2013 2:50:47 PM

WyomingKnott said:
And the definitive answer is - wherever you have enough space. With SSDs, I don't see a noticeable benefit from having the OS on one drive and the games on another.

3 SSD in one laptop? A beast. Can you send a link to the product? I'd like to see it.


sure this is

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-M18x-r2/pd.aspx

and thanks for your anwer.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a c 84 G Storage
February 11, 2013 3:25:11 PM

It sounds like they will be configured as a raid0? I'm not a friend of raid0 anyway, but you will see only one big drive this way.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a c 289 G Storage
February 11, 2013 3:26:42 PM

My 2 cents: Do not RAID SSDs. Period.
m
0
l
February 11, 2013 3:28:14 PM

i see, i always ask about RAID and whats the best RAID configuration, whats the recommeneded for SSD too
m
0
l
a b G Storage
February 12, 2013 6:12:57 AM

SSDs are fast enough, they don't need RAID. You only get in trouble in case of any error.
m
0
l
February 12, 2013 8:02:35 PM

mad-max79 said:
SSDs are fast enough, they don't need RAID. You only get in trouble in case of any error.


i understand, thx for the tip
m
0
l
a c 283 G Storage
February 12, 2013 10:03:23 PM

AHHHH! That's one of those Alienware gaming laptops! Looks awesome!

It won't matter where the games are installed. Any of the 3 ssd's will do.

With modern 3rd generation solid state drives there is no need for a RAID array.
m
0
l
February 13, 2013 5:21:59 PM

nicee, and yea alienware is great, i want a laptop from them since m17x r2 haha now there are even m18x r2 i will wait until november to get haswell intel architechture and amd 8970m CFX.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a c 813 G Storage
February 14, 2013 12:21:12 AM

Raid is not a danger issue if your good with doing backups which should be done no matter what configuration you do.
m
0
l
February 14, 2013 7:33:33 PM

popatim said:
Raid is not a danger issue if your good with doing backups which should be done no matter what configuration you do.


i understand, thanks
m
0
l
!