2k4 why do many servers still use beta versions of maps?

I dont understand that. Especially for the Hellbenderrace and Scorpionrace
in Assault. Since Weeks there are the final Versions out. Why do the Admins
not change to the final versions? Some response would be fine.
I dont have a server, but as a client its nerving not to be able to join a
server with a beta version that has a conflict with a texture, mapvoting
etc. cause i have a newer version. Deleting and reinstalling cant be the
way to handle that. Plz to all admins, use the current up to date map/mods.

thx in advance.
8 answers Last reply
More about servers beta versions maps
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Klaus Bregel" <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > I dont understand that. Especially for the Hellbenderrace and Scorpionrace
    > in Assault. Since Weeks there are the final Versions out. Why do the Admins
    > not change to the final versions? Some response would be fine.
    > I dont have a server, but as a client its nerving not to be able to join a
    > server with a beta version that has a conflict with a texture, mapvoting
    > etc. cause i have a newer version. Deleting and reinstalling cant be the
    > way to handle that. Plz to all admins, use the current up to date map/mods.
    >
    > thx in advance.

    Either they don't realize a new version has been released, or they are just too
    busy with playing or real life.

    If they list a valid admin email, try sending them an email with your problem
    and the download location so they don't have to hunt out the file. Most admins
    (myself included) will update it if they realize that they need to.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    ummmmm maybe because they are busy??

    perhaps they have jobs??

    rent your own, show us how its done.

    "Klaus Bregel" <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > I dont understand that. Especially for the Hellbenderrace and Scorpionrace
    > in Assault. Since Weeks there are the final Versions out. Why do the
    Admins
    > not change to the final versions? Some response would be fine.
    > I dont have a server, but as a client its nerving not to be able to join a
    > server with a beta version that has a conflict with a texture, mapvoting
    > etc. cause i have a newer version. Deleting and reinstalling cant be the
    > way to handle that. Plz to all admins, use the current up to date
    map/mods.

    > thx in advance.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Am Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:47:04 GMT schrieb peeps:

    > ummmmm maybe because they are busy??
    >

    > perhaps they have jobs??

    I thought somebody (or a clan) hiring a server for money would like to
    always keep it up to date?

    > rent your own, show us how its done.

    u give me the money, so I will...

    cu
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Am Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:05:12 -0400 schrieb Grant:
    > Either they don't realize a new version has been released, or they are just too
    > busy with playing or real life.
    >
    > If they list a valid admin email, try sending them an email with your problem
    > and the download location so they don't have to hunt out the file. Most admins
    > (myself included) will update it if they realize that they need to.
    I did that with no response.(Problem might be the "valid" email). Gimme
    your IP or servername plz. U seem to handle a way i like to. My email is
    valid and read.

    cu
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > Am Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:05:12 -0400 schrieb Grant:
    > > Either they don't realize a new version has been released, or they are just
    too
    > > busy with playing or real life.
    > >
    > > If they list a valid admin email, try sending them an email with your
    problem
    > > and the download location so they don't have to hunt out the file. Most
    admins
    > > (myself included) will update it if they realize that they need to.
    > I did that with no response.(Problem might be the "valid" email). Gimme
    > your IP or servername plz. U seem to handle a way i like to. My email is
    > valid and read.
    >
    > cu

    My server is called zenliev's pub...IP is non-static so giving that is of no
    use.

    Runs only deathmatch rat scale maps, low grav, zounds, and a bunch of other
    interesting mutators, including my personal favorite, the car launcher. The
    admin email listed is valid, so just email me if there is a problem with it, or
    you have any suggestions. It's not always up, but it's running most of the
    time.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message

    > And what, pray tell, does the "car launcher" mutator do?
    >
    > ~SOD~

    Your translocator is replaced with the car launcher. Pressing whatever keybind
    the translocator has switches which vehicle you will launch. Normally you have
    to get so many kills without using a vehicle to get more ammo for the car
    launcher, but for extra mayhem I have it set to unlimited ammo. Deathmatch with
    4 people in levithans can be quite amusing. You can even use the spacecraft,
    which is pretty cool too.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Matt" <nospam.hciss@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > My server is called zenliev's pub...IP is non-static so giving that is of
    > no
    > > use.
    > >
    > > Runs only deathmatch rat scale maps, low grav, zounds, and a bunch of
    > other
    >
    > What is "rat scale maps"? Also, what are "zounds"?

    rat scale maps are ones usually modeled after indoor rooms, where you are the
    size of a rat, since fighting in someone's bedroom at normal scale just wouldn't
    work.

    Zounds lets you type certain trigger words into the say box and it will play a
    sound effect. You get a list of trigger words by opening the console with the ~
    key and typing "mutate zounds" without the quotes.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Am Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:07:49 -0400 schrieb Grant:

    > "Matt" <nospam.hciss@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> My server is called zenliev's pub...IP is non-static so giving that is of
    >> no
    >>> use.
    >>>
    >>> Runs only deathmatch rat scale maps, low grav, zounds, and a bunch of
    >> other
    >>
    >> What is "rat scale maps"? Also, what are "zounds"?
    >>

    > rat scale maps are ones usually modeled after indoor rooms, where you are the
    > size of a rat, since fighting in someone's bedroom at normal scale just wouldn't
    > work.
    >
    > Zounds lets you type certain trigger words into the say box and it will play a
    > sound effect. You get a list of trigger words by opening the console with the ~
    > key and typing "mutate zounds" without the quotes.

    thx for zounds explanation.

Games Servers Video Games