Hard disk problem & BSOD

zhengz

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Below is an error message I receive every time I start up my laptop. Also the laptop would get blue screen of death after using a lot of computer's resource, such as watching a video. Once a while, the hard drive will make some screech-like noise. It's been going on for few days and I don't have any ideas on how to fix it. Help would be appreciated! Thanks.

dgo4md.png

take the battery and power off the laptop..flip it over make sure the ram is seated...laptop ram can bounce out of the ram slots.
make a hirem boot cd/usb stick. run hd tune and read hd smart info and run vendor drive test. if they fail or there are warning it time to back your data up and replace the hard drive. for memory run memtest to find out if you have any bad ram.

zhengz

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
I started up the laptop. Laptop was at starting windows, then it crashed with a blue of screen of death. The laptop auto restarts and the same thing happened. I tried to boot into safe mode, but the blue screen of death happened there as well.

The BSOD reads:
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The Video driver failed to initialize.

If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options, and then select Safe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000B4 (0xFFFFFA800378E270, 0xFFFFFA8002F82000, 0xFFFFFA80044CF000, 0X0000000000000003)