Can i put a disc from an external hard drive into my computer

luvmypurple

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
my seagate external hard drive fell to the floor while i was using, it no longer works. is there some way that i can still recover the data off of it???? i bought the black widow external hard drive reader thing and it still does not appear on my computer, can i take the disc out and then put it into my laptop dvd player and get the data that way???? i am desperate for some help. thanks to anyone who can help me.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
it could just be the enclosure that is broken. you can take the hard disk out and install it onto the internal sata.

let me clarify something. it will not be a disk. you will not be putting it into a dvd drive. do not open the hard drive, open the enclosure the hard drive is in.

luvmypurple

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

i am not that technologically inclined. LOL and you just confused me even more than i already was. i have taken the main cover off and am down(i would assume to the basic hard drive) i can see what appears to look like a mother board on one side and then a silver metal piece on the other. when i put it into the black widow external hard drive reader it did nothing. i am wanting to know what else i could do to get my data off the disc, so are you saying that i can not take that silver piece off and get to the disk inside, remove it and then put it into my lap top to read????