Sign in with
Your question

What kind of Graphic card do I need for FFXIV

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 13, 2010 4:02:02 AM

My whole thing is I just bought a EL1352-01e solely for the purpose of this game. And when I try the benchmark I get a score of 61...honestly don't know anything about this stuff and I don't even know if thats a good score lol but on here I see everybody with 2k-5k and I assume mine is trash so what could be the problem. Please assist...
September 13, 2010 5:34:41 AM

Quote:
My whole thing is I just bought a EL1352-01e solely for the purpose of this game. And when I try the benchmark I get a score of 61...honestly don't know anything about this stuff and I don't even know if thats a good score lol but on here I see everybody with 2k-5k and I assume mine is trash so what could be the problem. Please assist...

What are ur specs exactly
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 13, 2010 10:01:34 AM

Yes, I'm in agreement with helltech, Your probably going to need ATLEAST a new graphics card and a PSU, however you may need a new case a CPU also.

I'll review your machine properly now.

EDIT1: upon review of you machine I've decided that your CPU will suffice, I believe you will want a new powersupply (450w minimum, 500~550w recommended; and from a brand name too[such as corsair, silverstone or OCZ]) and a 5770...

Your looking at a $200 upgrade here. Ill now go about getting the part pricing and information now.

EDIT2:
Power Supply 64.99 before rebate, 44.99 after.

Graphics Card 144.99 before rebate, 124.99 after, Usually I wouldn't pick powercolor(I haven't had any experience with them) however this card is OC'ed and also includes a Dirt2 Coupon. GREAT VALUE!!!

EDIT3: I also noticed that the 5770 I selected is the shorter version of the PCB so that should help with space, Im still unsure about your case however, You may still have to fork out another $40~$60 for a new one to fit all your gear in.
September 13, 2010 10:24:30 AM

Tbh if you seriously want to play FF14, or any real games, your cheapest option is to return that system if at all possible (even if you have to eat a restocking fee) and start from scratch. For what you'd have to spend to make that system workable, ($200 minimum, likely more because your case looks like it may not fit a full graphics cards) you could build a system far cheaper that is much better.

Look at the recent September system building marathon's $400 computer and swap a 5770 in for the GPU listed and you'll have a decent ~$450 (+ Win7 if you buy it) budget system that will actually play FF14 decently.
a b U Graphics card
September 13, 2010 3:58:52 PM

Given the size of the machine, you may need to return it. You won't be able to get a PSU or GPU to fit inside it. Yargnit is right.
!