What kind of Graphic card do I need for FFXIV

G

My whole thing is I just bought a EL1352-01e solely for the purpose of this game. And when I try the benchmark I get a score of 61...honestly don't know anything about this stuff and I don't even know if thats a good score lol but on here I see everybody with 2k-5k and I assume mine is trash so what could be the problem. Please assist...

cyprus1234

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
My whole thing is I just bought a EL1352-01e solely for the purpose of this game. And when I try the benchmark I get a score of 61...honestly don't know anything about this stuff and I don't even know if thats a good score lol but on here I see everybody with 2k-5k and I assume mine is trash so what could be the problem. Please assist...
What are ur specs exactly

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Yes, I'm in agreement with helltech, Your probably going to need ATLEAST a new graphics card and a PSU, however you may need a new case a CPU also.

I'll review your machine properly now.

EDIT1: upon review of you machine I've decided that your CPU will suffice, I believe you will want a new powersupply (450w minimum, 500~550w recommended; and from a brand name too[such as corsair, silverstone or OCZ]) and a 5770...

Your looking at a $200 upgrade here. Ill now go about getting the part pricing and information now.

EDIT2:
Power Supply 64.99 before rebate, 44.99 after.

Graphics Card 144.99 before rebate, 124.99 after, Usually I wouldn't pick powercolor(I haven't had any experience with them) however this card is OC'ed and also includes a Dirt2 Coupon. GREAT VALUE!!!

EDIT3: I also noticed that the 5770 I selected is the shorter version of the PCB so that should help with space, Im still unsure about your case however, You may still have to fork out another $40~$60 for a new one to fit all your gear in.

Yargnit

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Tbh if you seriously want to play FF14, or any real games, your cheapest option is to return that system if at all possible (even if you have to eat a restocking fee) and start from scratch. For what you'd have to spend to make that system workable, ($200 minimum, likely more because your case looks like it may not fit a full graphics cards) you could build a system far cheaper that is much better.

Look at the recent September system building marathon's $400 computer and swap a 5770 in for the GPU listed and you'll have a decent ~$450 (+ Win7 if you buy it) budget system that will actually play FF14 decently.