Linux - No System/Manifest.ini

I can't update because of it. I just installed Slackware 10, and it
finally too the install of ut2k3 (For some reason Slack 9.1 just won't
find the CD roms). I didn't have an XWebAdin.ini (I think that's the file,
I haven't got it installing at the moment), but I did have an
xWebAdmin.ini, and renaming that seemed to work. Now it wants the
Manifest.ini. I've tried copying this off the CD, off my Windows install
(changing '\'s to '/'s of course) and renaming some of the Manifest.* in
the Systemfolder, but I keep getting told I have no matching delta. I
tried the updated loki_update binary from the icculous faq after using the
--keep option with the full installer, same problem (natch, since
Manifest.ini seems to be the file ut2k3 read to decide how to patch).

I tried to apply the patch manually. It seemed to work, but then I get no
sound (I'm using ALSA at the moment, slackware's default).

It's really driving me nuts. If I can just get the dang thing installed
correctly once I'll burn the install dir to a DVD and be done with it like
I did for the fist ut (it's nice being able to just untar a file and then
you're all setup :) ).

Is there any hope? Thanks again folks

Meltdown

Jeremy Gregorio enlightened us with:
> I can't update because of it.

What are you updating to? With what patch? Where did you get it from?

> I just installed Slackware 10, and it
> finally too the install of ut2k3 (For some reason Slack 9.1 just won't
> find the CD roms). I didn't have an XWebAdin.ini (I think that's the file,
> I haven't got it installing at the moment), but I did have an
> xWebAdmin.ini, and renaming that seemed to work.

> Now it wants the Manifest.ini. I've tried copying this off the CD,
> off my Windows install (changing '\'s to '/'s of course) and
> renaming some of the Manifest.* in the Systemfolder, but I keep
> getting told I have no matching delta.

Have you tried your ~/.loki/ut?

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

JC

wow this really shows everyone how simple, problem free and better then
toast linux is!!
I feel soooo tempted now!!

HellSpawn

>> Now it wants the Manifest.ini. I've tried copying this off the CD,
>> off my Windows install (changing '\'s to '/'s of course) and
>> renaming some of the Manifest.* in the Systemfolder, but I keep
>> getting told I have no matching delta.
>
> Have you tried your ~/.loki/ut?

Meltdown

JC enlightened us with:
> wow this really shows everyone how simple, problem free and better
> then toast linux is!!
> I feel soooo tempted now!!

Heeeey JC! I see you've changed your headers again. Sorry for you, but
I still don't think you're a nice troll. Perhaps you need to look at
UT_Master in alt.games.unreal.tournament, and learn how to troll the
proper way. He even has his own FAQ!

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Meltdown

JC enlightened us with:
> if you are so smart you would notice I did not change my header

From my killfile:

Score: =-9999
From: "JC" <boom@boom\.com>
From: "JC" <inyour@dreams\.net>
From: "JC" <onceupon@Xland\.com>

From your message:

From: "JC" <RRR@RRR.COM>

So yeah, you changed your From: header. Time to ignore the rest of
your post and killfile you again.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

JC

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
and..
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HellSpawn

MeltDown wrote:

> From my killfile:
>
> ■
> Score: =-9999
> From: "JC" <boom@boom\.com>
> From: "JC" <inyour@dreams\.net>
> From: "JC" <onceupon@Xland\.com>

MD, a while back I started a project to de-uglify Xnews. I gave up after
I switched to Thunderbird for reading news, but I still use Xnews for
binaries. Here's the modified executable, if you're interested.

http://maur.shellscape.org/uploads/Xnews.zip

Meltdown

Dekaritae enlightened us with:
> MD, a while back I started a project to de-uglify Xnews. I gave up after
> I switched to Thunderbird for reading news, but I still use Xnews for
> binaries. Here's the modified executable, if you're interested.

Thanks, it's a nice gesture. I don't have windows, though, and Xnews
is a windows program. I'm perfectly happy with my slrn.