QwertyMusicMan

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I need an AM3+ Motherboard with SLI/Crossfire support. I'll be running two 580s and a FX 8150.

Sidenote: 8150 has same performance as 2600k for $75 less! :D

So far, I haven't been able to find more than two with SLI/Crossfire capable mobos. Will more be released when bulldozer comes out?

Budget: $200

QwertyMusicMan

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011

Looks to me like only one of them has SLI support, and it's overbudget. Am I wrong?

QwertyMusicMan

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011

Just out of curiosity, any other SLI-supported AM3+ mobos? I can only find two or three! o___o

I have the Asus Sabertooth from that list. I really like it. The ASRock offering would also be another good choice; I actually think I'd have done better to hold out for that one since it has more useful add-ins like the USB 3.0 front bracket. Still, a was influenced by the 5-yr warranty on the Sabertooth, since I want this PC to last.

yes ASRock is a subsidiary, a low budget consumer product as opposed to their high end normal ASUS boards. They make decent products but as far as longevity and issues, they seem to have quite a few.

I just prefer to stay away from them and go with Gigabyte or the standard Asus line.

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I too am not a fan of ASRock I under stand the point you made inferno but personally iv handled several of there boards and I feel the build quality while acceptable is inferior. ASUS MSI and Gigabyte are very good boards with ASUS at the top in my own opinion.

In your price point all the way up to 200 I think the best value would be the ASUS saber tooth as jtt283 said. If you would rather save a little bit the MSI I linked earlier is able to handle just about every thing you throw at it for a little less money.

QwertyMusicMan

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Alright, if bulldozer is everything they say that it is, I'll go with the Sabertooth (that was the same board I picked for an Intel build). I'm going to see some more benchmarks before I buy, but now I can buy without hesitation, knowing I picked the right board.

Thanks everyone!