QUICK QUESTION!

Jineus

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
Hello, I picked out my new build, but I'm so worried that an item might be defective.

If an item is to be defective, how will I know which one is malfunctioning? or maybe a combination of two items?

Thank you in advance

Solution

Just look at the links we have provided and you will be fine. Worry before you have the goods in hand and installed is a waste of time. Chances are you will be fine.

Jineus

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
Oh, I haven't ordered my parts yet.

It's just that, while I was reading some feedbacks on some parts, It said it was defective, and I was wondering how would I be able to know which part was defective.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Without having the device and installing it properly, you can't determine if defective or not. If, when researching a device, you see lots of complaints about many similar defects, look for another device/component.

If you want input from the forum on the devices you are thinking about buying, just list them and I am sure you will get plenty of good advice.

Jineus

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
But what if I installed everything, and it doesn't turn on?

How will I know if the PSU, CPU, or the motherboard is defective?

And in this kind of scenario, where multiple items are suspicious, what do I do?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Just look at the links we have provided and you will be fine. Worry before you have the goods in hand and installed is a waste of time. Chances are you will be fine.

Solution

Somebody_007

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Between the 3(cpu, mobo and psu) it's very hard to determine which is faulty. You need to replace each part systematically to see which is broken. PSUs are easy to come by so that problem should easily be fixed, and then between the mobo and cpu I was in that situation once so I contacted the manufacturer once and they claimed it was the mobo and they were right so they replaced it for free.

But as everyone here said no need to worry, parts are made to work ;).