CPU FAN need help finding a good and quiet one please.

Flankercom

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Hey guys, I have a custom built system thats my wifes that i just threw in a new asus motherboard into and the fan i had wasnt that good. So i threw on the stock fan that came with my AMD Phenom II 3.4 965 Deneb Back Edition Quad Core.(thats a mouth ful to say) Anyway, this fan I have sounds like a vacuum cleaner very loud and almost drowns out my games unless i turn them up. This is why i took it off my cpu and installed water coolling H-50. (great system)

I have been looking around and there are soo many fans out there its hard to find one that has what I need. I want it to cool the AMD 3.1 Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor nicely without creating all the racket thats being created. I would prefer something closer to no noise like my system without going into watercool performance like my system. Its my wifes pc she just surfs the internet, but it does have a 9800 GTX+ for the gpu atm.

Any suggestions would be great, I've only bought one fan online and its the one that crapped.

Oh ya i'm not crazy about pulling the motherboard again to put on new mounting brackets soooo.....

Flankercom

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
will that fit in a midsize case? I was looking at fans earlier and it seemed there were cons about having to leave the case door cracked and such for some of these types of models.

Yes it will fit no problem as well as the one opexx linked which is a good one.
The reason i suggested the TX-3 is because it's small and doesn't require mobo removal.
Plus it's better then stock and well suited for a web surfing general use pc.

Flankercom

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
well anythings gotta be better than this one, i'd say the one i have is running about 40+ dBA

however it looks like the one that was linked before will require a MB pull to install a mounting bracket, i just put the thing in i really dont want to take it out again lol. But thats life of the custom builder i guess.