Dell Latitude L400 hard drives

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
January 19, 2005 4:51:26 PM

Does anyone know the largest size hard drive the above laptop can
handle. I want to know how much larger than the 10Gb I currently have I
can use.

TIA

--
AG

Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
(Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 19, 2005 9:53:42 PM

Alan Gauton wrote:
> Does anyone know the largest size hard drive the above laptop can
> handle. I want to know how much larger than the 10Gb I currently have
> I can use.

That's a fairly "new" PIII unit and should be able to recognize any 2.5 HD,
even the newest 100GB ones.

However, I would definitely check Dell's Support site to see if there's a
BIOS upgrade for the unit.

Regards,

James
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 20, 2005 2:32:57 PM

In article <W0yHd.7306$hC2.6725@trndny04>,
James@ESAD.SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com says...
> Alan Gauton wrote:
> > Does anyone know the largest size hard drive the above laptop can
> > handle. I want to know how much larger than the 10Gb I currently have
> > I can use.
>
> That's a fairly "new" PIII unit and should be able to recognize any 2.5 HD,
> even the newest 100GB ones.
>
> However, I would definitely check Dell's Support site to see if there's a
> BIOS upgrade for the unit.

Think I'm up to date with the BIOS - thanks for the reply.

--

!