Help, High temps in Hwmonitor

Im running HWMonitor and it shows a temp range of about 111C to 121C. What's odd about it though is that the temps were low (30C~) before I plugged in my speakers to the back of the pc. Now they skyrocketed. I have a arsrock 870 extreme 3 motherboard. Nothing feels hot though.
4 answers Last reply
More about help high temps hwmonitor
  1. Then your program isn't accurate with your board. Try coretemp, which monitors the cpu temp only. Uninstall hwmonitor before installing coretemp. Use the programs section in windows control panel.
  2. If anything was running at those temps the PC would die in seconds. Which temp is it reporting this on ie CPU AUX? I have the 880G and HW monitor report s a temp AUX that is 80-90C when idle but drops to 35-40C under load which I has decided to ignore and I have been running fine for around 9 months.
  3. Oh sorry I thought I mentioned it. Its under AUXTIN. CoreTemp temps are fine.
  4. kaizer77 said:
    Oh sorry I thought I mentioned it. Its under AUXTIN. CoreTemp temps are fine.

Hey Kaizer - I'm in the same boat - I just built a computer - using the ASROCK 870 Extreme 3 Mobo too. The same thing happens to me. Currently the AUXTIN section, under Temperatures, says 124 C (255 F) - Obviously something is wrong with the program.

I wonder if it has something to with the fact the 870 doesn't have gpu built it and HWmonitor is trying to take a sensor reading of something that isn't there...? Dunno
Ask a new question

Read More

Speakers Motherboards Components