ultrabuckslayer

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Hello,i have a sabertooth x58, intel i7-950 bloomfield and corsair dominater gt 12gb memory and invidia geforce gtx 550ti. my computer is giving bsod of driver isses. What can i do.

Solution
If you're over heating with 'stock' then something is bad wrong. Pull the side of the Case off. Airflow, there needs to be MORE AIR OUT than in; negative pressure.

Q7 - What Case?
Q8 - What BIOS changes?

Then at minimum you'll probably need to increase the BCLK and manually set the RAM or a simpler DOCP approach but loose some frequency; XMP is a guaranteed failure. I assume (2) Kits of CMT6GX3M3A1866C9 DDR3-1866 9-9-9-24-2N @ 1.65v.

Blinders on to the RAM only 2 of 6 Q&A's.

H70 - move the 'Pump' to the CPU_Fan header -- BUT see BIOS settings blow

BIOS:
Load Defaults or Clear CMOS - use Jumper method - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0

AI Treaker /
AI Overclock Tuner -> DOCP
DRAM OC Profile -> DDR3-18XX MHz ; depends on...

ultrabuckslayer

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
under a load it runs around 42 north brirdge 55 i think it is the mother board everything checks good just got the program to open the files so i can see what they are butt wont be home till tomorrow just drove 5 hours to another motel and the tv is not fit to hook it up too. will be on tomorrow afternoon with it running again.

ultrabuckslayer

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
seems like my porcessor gets to hot but temp says its ok took the processor out and pins looked ok whaiting for thermo compound to hook my h70 back up. O lord i pray every one on the net will have a wonderful life

The most common reasons are: 1. Drivers, 2. AHCI BIOS/IDE Windows, 3. PSU, 4. BIOS setting(s)/corruption, 5. Bad component.

1. Event Manager, look at the Critical errors listed and post them here; see below.
Run MSCONFIG and select Diagnostic Mode, reboot, and test. Does that correct the problems including BSOD?
Event_Manager.jpg

2. AHCI BIOS/IDE Windows - IF the BIOS is set to AHCI and Windows Start = 3 (IDE) you'll get all sorts of problems. To fix this, run 'Fix it' or manually change the registry values. Remember: BIOS SATA -> AHCI <=> Start = 0 /OR/ BIOS SATA -> IDE <=> Start = 3.
Fix It - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
AHCI_Start_0.jpg

3. Question - What PSU? How old?
4. What BIOS Changes above 'Load Defaults' were made?
5. Try booting and Testing with (1) stick of RAM in the 2nd DIMM slot from CPU.
Question - What EXACT set of Dominator GT 3x4GB or 6x2GB? I prefer a link.
Question - {see #4} What BIOS settings? In 6x2GB DO NOT use XMP!

Question - H70, {see #4} What BIOS settings? What Header is the H70 pump connected to?

ultrabuckslayer

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
the bump and fan is powere by the power supply runs 100% and the power supply is hx 1200 by corsair and the rest i have to get some thermal paste to hook up my h70 before i can turn it back on. The bsod happens when i first turn it on and the in the middle of a medium load everything shows to be good the ram pulls up 12gb ddr3 this is my first build got about 1600 in it just frustrating getting these bsod. Will be next week before i get the thermal pasts couse i travel for a living so please be patiant with me thank all and everybody for there post and helping me

ultrabuckslayer

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
the psu is new the memory is 6 dimms 2gb = 12gb dominater gt 1866 @ 9 9 9 24 am using the latest bios from asus i cant turn on the computer cause i dont want the processer to over heat no heat sink hooked up

If you're over heating with 'stock' then something is bad wrong. Pull the side of the Case off. Airflow, there needs to be MORE AIR OUT than in; negative pressure.

Q7 - What Case?
Q8 - What BIOS changes?

Then at minimum you'll probably need to increase the BCLK and manually set the RAM or a simpler DOCP approach but loose some frequency; XMP is a guaranteed failure. I assume (2) Kits of CMT6GX3M3A1866C9 DDR3-1866 9-9-9-24-2N @ 1.65v.

Blinders on to the RAM only 2 of 6 Q&A's.

H70 - move the 'Pump' to the CPU_Fan header -- BUT see BIOS settings blow

BIOS:
Load Defaults or Clear CMOS - use Jumper method - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0

AI Treaker /
AI Overclock Tuner -> DOCP
DRAM OC Profile -> DDR3-18XX MHz ; depends on the BCLK
DRAM Timing Control/Enter
DRAM CAS -> 9
DRAM RAS to CAS -> 9
DRAM RAS PRE -> 9
DRAM RAS ACT -> 24
-
DRAM Timing Mode -> 2N
-
QPI/DRAM Core Voltage -> 1.25v~1.30v~1.35v ; with 6x_GB it needs to be manually set, start with 1.25v + test
DRAM Bus Voltage -> 1.64v~1.68v ; with 6x_GB +0.03v may be needed, start with 1.64v

Power /
Q-Fan -> Disabled ; after loading Defaults it should be Disabled, the H70 requires 100% power

Save & Exit = Yes.

Solution

ultrabuckslayer

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
corsair 800d
the latest on asus web 1208 or something like that and i am running default settiong
will have this thing on next weekend just re hooked up the fans for heat sink with filter and grill just need thermal paste thank you for helping this means a lot thanks again

ultrabuckslayer

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
I will set this up but the kit is strait from corsair 24gb kit 6x2gb kit, i will be home friday and have this back together and set the timings and start over again with a new window7 64bt thank you and all sure do like toms it is awsome.