External hard drive unseen

saras

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Hello, i have aspire v3-571G i-5-3210M 2.5 Gh and i have windows 7 ulti 64 bit
i have an external sata 250 mb
I have done the driver search and i have reinstalled the drivers from control panel and still i can not see my external drive in bios.. i haven't seen my external drive into another pc yet but i ve never used my hard disc since september . back then it was recognized.. i think it is something with the drives what else i can do.... Also i had gone into the acer site to checked the usb drives installed them but still nothing happened ( i do have driver genius driver max and driver cure to find any drives) so i dont know what else to do. please help me

thank you

If the drive is not shown in the BIOS Setup, it is no good at all trying to fix the problem in Windows or messing about with Windows drivers. Windows cannot fix a problem of a drive not showing in the BIOS! In any case, the drivers for all external hard drives are already built in to Windows, Acer doesn't have them.

In the BIOS Setup, external drives will be shown only in the Boot Devices list, nowhere else.

Try putting the drive into a new enclosure, then try it again.

saras

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
i made i mistake in typing my friend thank you .. i wanted to say that i can't see the external hard disc inside manage computer... how to get access into the bios and then into boot device list be sure if my computer can detect my external disc?

thank you

saras

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

i made i mistake in typing my friend thank you .. i wanted to say that i can't see the external hard disc inside manage computer... how to get access into the bios and then into boot device list be sure if my computer can detect my external disc?

thank you

saras

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
sorry for reposting the problem i am new here i thought posting it in public it would be easier to help me out