No Hard Drive

nevvon

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
I have an Acer Aspire T630 Series Desktop with an Uli Sata/Raid Controller (M1573). When I try to install Windows 7 64-bit it will not recognise my Hard Drive. Can any one help?

Solution
After checking the Acer website, Windows XP is the latest Windows version supported by Acer for your T630. The driver for your ULI controller was 32 bit only, so it's not going to work for you. Your only hope now is to try checking third party websites for a compatible driver.

If you locate one, start the desktop and boot from the Windows 7 disk. When you get to the drive partitioning part of setup, load the driver on to a flash drive and connect it to the desktop. Click the Load Driver button and browse to the flash drive. Select the appropriate file and Windows 7 should see your hard drives.
After checking the Acer website, Windows XP is the latest Windows version supported by Acer for your T630. The driver for your ULI controller was 32 bit only, so it's not going to work for you. Your only hope now is to try checking third party websites for a compatible driver.

If you locate one, start the desktop and boot from the Windows 7 disk. When you get to the drive partitioning part of setup, load the driver on to a flash drive and connect it to the desktop. Click the Load Driver button and browse to the flash drive. Select the appropriate file and Windows 7 should see your hard drives.

Solution